• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with big bucks VS contract with average bucks but spend time with fam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
    sorry guys, to make it clear, I do work from home - all the time...so I see them 24/7....which at times make me feel but when I am away for the odd day, I feel as though i miss them a lot -sorry to sound like a big pansy....
    Then I don't think contracting is for you.

Comment

sorry guys, to make it clear, I do work from home - all the time...so I see them 24/7....which at times make me feel but when I am away for the odd day, I feel as though i miss them a lot -sorry to sound like a big pansy....
      That's cruel, they do have to sleep you know.

I am starting to think sockie cockie here...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Then I don't think contracting is for you.
        well been contracting since 06, but you maybe right now....maybe I need to go look for a permie job

Comment

well been contracting since 06, but you maybe right now....maybe I need to go look for a permie job
          After that long on the bench you might be right
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Work to live not live to work...

Lower paid deffo if the other gig is a mon-fri 4 nighter away. Bit different if you can scam some WFH time and turn it into a 2 nighter away like OH does.

Kids probably wouldnt even notice u away for 2 nights.....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Kids probably wouldnt even notice u away for 2 nights.....
              I get tears from my elder daughter when I go away overnight these days, which is typically once every six to eight weeks.

Younger one is fine, although she was upset the last time I had two weeks abroad with the client.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I get tears from my elder daughter when I go away overnight these days, which is typically once every six to eight weeks.

Younger one is fine, although she was upset the last time I had two weeks abroad with the client.
                That's because its irregular, if it was every week she would soon get used to it. Alternatively wait til she's at secondary school and she wont even notice you're not there
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  After that long on the bench you might be right
                  whos talking about the bench?

Comment

whos talking about the bench?
                    Are you sure you're cut out to be posting in General?

...wretched hive of scum and villainy... something something Dark Side...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Wait until they grow up, then they'd be upset when you stay at home

Comment

Working...
                      X