• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with big bucks VS contract with average bucks but spend time with fam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    ...stuff...
    Trowbridge is tulip, and always has been. Midsomer Norton, you might get into a fight, but very unlikely to be gang or drugs related, and I'd venture a fair amount of mney, that weapons wouldn't be involved as well.

You might see zero ambition, and good schools, but you're not looking in the right places, for I see ambition and good education.

As I said, London isn't the place to bring up a young family. London is a place to go to 3 days a week to milk.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Nuff of your 50 shades of grey fantasies

Do you not think its important to show your kids that there's more to life than a dreary market town existence? It's noticeable where I live where the parents come from. The locals don't even like traveling into Bristol or Bath but then they are also the ones that are broke because local wages are crap. Nothing wrong with a sixth month stint to show the kids there is something more out here even if they say thank god I am home when you come back.
      We dont live in a market town. We live in Manchester which has a wealth of things to see and do. I travel cos i have to, to work. We like living in a city and we like this city. People are friendly, there is lovey countryside nearby and our standard of living is great.
      Why the hell would i drag us all to London?
      Also my other arf has a damn good job up here.

And for the record I'm more of a 50 Sheds of grey person.....
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        We dont live in a market town. We live in Manchester which has a wealth of things to see and do. I travel cos i have to, to work. We like living in a city and we like this city. People are friendly, there is lovey countryside nearby and our standard of living is great.
        Why the hell would i drag us all to London?
        Also my other arf has a damn good job up here.

And for the record I'm more of a 50 Sheds of grey person.....
        Did some work up at the MEN many years ago. I Had the misfortune to get in the way of 100+ screaming fat birds on their way to a Chippendales night Manchester might have wealth but the culture grows in Petri dishes
        I did like the way they marked Moss side with yellow and red signs to help the southern poofs out of it. Would be interesting to see what's changed. Chances are if you hubby has a good job up there he'd get a equally good one down here too.

For my part I'd quite like some time in York at some point.

Comment

Working...
        X