• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which bastard sent Tony B Liar to advise the Dutch government on IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/0954023110

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Well, the ' web module' is delayed by a year because the Crap Gemini rejects at the tax office can't program ' Hello World' to save their lives, so it'll be 2014.

Just when you thought there wasn't enough bureaucracy, they introduce even more.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        No, currently Tony Blair is going around saying "There are problems with Islam" after encouraging in every dodgy fooker from the middle east and Pakistan...

What a guy!

Still he spends most of his time lounging on the decks of his billionaire chums super yachts, so it's not really a problem is it?
        Think he just got a bit richer
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I was a bit surprised the other day to see how poorly the Netherlands economy is performing relative to others in the Europe. I always had them in mind as one of those efficient nations. Maybe your comment explains it.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Just when you thought there wasn't enough bureaucracy, they introduce even more.
            It'll hit the high tech engineering sector too, which is just about the only part of the Dutch economy that's functioning right now. All the big engineering firms here hire engineers and geeks on 1 and 2 year contracts as they do megaprojects that last for years for big clients like airports, large factories, huge courier firms and so on. Hopefully the directors of Philips, VDL, Scania etc will write polite but somewhat threatening letters to the Ministwat of Financial Cluelessness. I know a director of a big agency who's already doing that. But will politicians listen to business?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I was a bit surprised the other day to see how poorly the Netherlands economy is performing relative to others in the Europe. I always had them in mind as one of those efficient nations. Maybe your comment explains it.
              It was, but 10 years of mad swaying between statism and populism, and a government that's desperate to squeeze every last cent from taxpayers who have nothing left to give have thoroughly screwed the place.

Comment

Another reason to disband the EU
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Yep.

Roll on the General Election.

UKIP baby!

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    AFAIK it's not the EU doing this, it is the Dutch government. Believe me, they don't need help from anyone else to dream up stupid moneywasting schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      AFAIK it's not the EU doing this, it is the Dutch government. Believe me, they don't need help from anyone else to dream up stupid moneywasting schemes.

The current wave of politicians have not helped boost the economy in any way, the housing market and subsequently the rental market has hit rock bottom and the administrative bureaucracy of a nightmarish tax system doesn't help matters in the slightest. The economy has been in recession for three subsequent terms and is not showing any sign of clawing its way out just yet.

For all its failings, I certainly think NL is a better place to live in than the UK.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X