• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which bastard sent Tony B Liar to advise the Dutch government on IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    AFAIK it's not the EU doing this, it is the Dutch government. Believe me, they don't need help from anyone else to dream up stupid moneywasting schemes.
    Stop confusing him with facts.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      The current wave of politicians have not helped boost the economy in any way, the housing market and subsequently the rental market has hit rock bottom and the administrative bureaucracy of a nightmarish tax system doesn't help matters in the slightest. The economy has been in recession for three subsequent terms and is not showing any sign of clawing its way out just yet.

For all its failings, I certainly think NL is a better place to live in than the UK.
      It is now but not for long at this rate, and Deutschland is looking more and more attractive, even if tax rates are about the same; houses are cheaper, mortgage interest is about half that in NL (more competition), cars are cheaper, the trains are twice as fast and cheaper and there are some delightful places to live there. Seriously looking at houses around Krefeld seeing as I'll possibly be in Eindhoven for a long time.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        For all its failings, I certainly think NL is a better place to live in than the UK.
        Well they tend to speak better English :-)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It is now but not for long at this rate, and Deutschland is looking more and more attractive, even if tax rates are about the same; houses are cheaper, mortgage interest is about half that in NL (more competition), cars are cheaper, the trains are twice as fast and cheaper and there are some delightful places to live there. Seriously looking at houses around Krefeld seeing as I'll possibly be in Eindhoven for a long time.
          Well I'm only here till my 30% ruling runs out and then I'll have to find another country to move to.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What surprised me, all the dutch people I've met in business have been pretty hard workers, unless it's just the good ones that leave home
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              What surprised me, all the dutch people I've met in business have been pretty hard workers, unless it's just the good ones that leave home
              They have to be to pay for all the useless ***** in town halls and the Hague.

Comment

They have to be to pay for all the useless ***** in town halls and the Hague.
                I sense a small amount of resentment
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Isn't Blair currently advising the Albanian elite on best practice?
                  John Pilger ( a leftie I detest) described him in an article about the use of depleted Uranium in the bombing of Iraq:

We've moved on from the Iraq war

Bush has retreated back into his Mickey Mouse "presidential library and museum" and Tony Blair into his jackdaw travels and his money.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    John Pilger ( a leftie I detest)

Are there any lefties that you like?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      Are there any lefties that you like?
                      Yep, the ones that put him on those public sector PSLs.

Comment

Working...
                      X