• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small claims against a garage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Should you be driving with a broken arm?

Sounds dangerous
    he's using the tube

(sorry I've cross threaded)
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Don’t bother with a small claim as you will not recover your real costs even if you win. Your claim is too trivial.

If the hub have studs; then it is possible just to replace one stud. (about £2)
      If you are using bolts, the all that is needed is the hole to be re-tapped. You could even use a die on the stud. Buy a kit on eBay and do something practical to solve the problem rather than being a bed-wetter.
      My charges:

On line Legal advice £30.00
      Mechanical advice £15.00
      Total due £45.00

Today’s savings £250 by not going via small claims,

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
        I went to a garage on Sat to get tyres rotated and the muppets managed to cross thread one of the wheels nuts putting in, end result is I need a new frigging hub !
        usually you can just bash out the wheel stud and insert a new one ( it's just an interference fit so pull it in with the wheel nut) - My kids are constantly doing this to their Toyota so it's down to a 10min job
        Wait until the garage (Kwik Fit...never again) strip your sump plug... that gets interesting - they don't appear to have been taught to start the thread off by hand and then use the air wrench to tighten
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

wheels are safe enough on three bolts these days. In fact I only use two on mine, to keep the wheels balanced.
          just make sure to wear a seat belt at all times and dont go round the corners too fast

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            wheels are safe enough on three bolts these days. In fact I only use two on mine, to keep the wheels balanced.
            just make sure to wear a seat belt at all times and dont go round the corners too fast
            In the two bolt approach to driving, do the two bolts have to be diametrically opposed or just a random pair?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              In the two bolt approach to driving, do the two bolts have to be diametrically opposed or just a random pair?
              one on the front, and one on the rear wheel
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

I'm waiting for Sas to jump in with a comment on snow tyres about now.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  one on the front, and one on the rear wheel
                  surely you only need 2:

offside front
                  nearside rear.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm waiting for Sas to jump in and call everyone a cretin.
                    FTFY
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      surely you only need 2:

offside front
                      nearside rear.
                      SAAB used to pair the braking system diagonally in case one system failed
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X