• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nearly died on the M4 this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but I guess a Russian set-up is a good place to start -
    Constant weird coincidences on CUK. I was looking at buying a dash cam just a couple of days ago and learned of the Russian dimension in passing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Can't believe the stupidity of this.

Filter lane which filters off left on M4. Lorry driver had obviously not been paying attention, stayed in the left and then realised it was going down the sliproad.

So, he's stopped dead in the slip road, turned almost 90 sideways, crossed the zigzags and then attempted to get back onto the main carriageway (like a give way sign).

Of course, I saw him wondered what he was doing but then he pulls out 100 yards in front of me. Know I know stopping distance at 70mph is about that.... Crapped myself, but had to swerve into outside lane (luckily nothing coming) and then watched as cars behind me almost ploughed into the back of me.

Driver of lorry should lose his job for this. Nolan Transport was the company. I've emailed them....

One thing I can not stand is people doing deliberately dangerous and stupid things when driving. Make a mistake fair enough but to do someone and endanger someone elses life because you're lazy is not on.
      Had a similar trouser filler on the M6 the other week, heading north where the toll road starts.

A dozy lorry driver suddenly noticed he was heading towards the the toll road and at the last minute yanked his wheel hard-a-port to stay on the M6, and almost ploughed into a busy line of traffic including myself. Everyone stood on their brakes, and I missed the back of his lorry by about a foot!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X