• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Custom made fitted furniture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find a local shopfitting Co, hang round outside at closing time and ask one of the lads to give you a quote for the work. You'll find they are usually qualified carpenters/cabinet makers and happy to do some work on the side.

It's how my brother gets all his weekend work Randoms at the shop gate.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      You're just rude!
      Yeah! Too right.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Find a local shopfitting Co, hang round outside at closing time and ask one of the lads to give you a quote for the work. You'll find they are usually qualified carpenters/cabinet makers and happy to do some work on the side.

It's how my brother gets all his weekend work Randoms at the shop gate.
        Thanks for that - best idea I heard so far.....

Comment

Yeah, I can see why they want to charge top dollar for what you want. Get your ideas off them and find a local furniture maker one man band type thing to make it for you. You are just paying one guy for his time and materials, not all the other corporate gubbins....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Yeah, I can see why they want to charge top dollar for what you want. Get your ideas off them and find a local furniture maker one man band type thing to make it for you. You are just paying one guy for his time and materials, not all the other corporate gubbins....
            Sorry to revive this after so long.... Great advice from NLUK and this is the way I am going to do it - Only thing is I am struggling to find a one man band. Anybody able to give me some recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Sorry to revive this after so long.... Great advice from NLUK and this is the way I am going to do it - Only thing is I am struggling to find a one man band. Anybody able to give me some recommendations?
              Apparently Mark Sultan (also known as BBQ) is pretty good.

It seems he also works as part of groups, not sure if he still does one man stuff.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                , hang round outside at closing time .
                Is that how you met Spod
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                X