• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how the battle of ideas is won. with a whimper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What would happen if a simple solution were to be found that could cheaply and easily reduce CO2 levels?

..:: Welcome to Nualgi ::..

My feeling is that there are too many people with vested interests coining a living and/or using CO2 as a means of controlling other people, that any solution would be immediately dispatched.

Bob saves the World!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Bob saves the World!

apparently they are going to outsource distribution to the UK because we are a seafaring nation and know how to row across oceans and sprinkle the stuff around
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Never mind all that, Acid Rain is making a comeback;

Power stations in Britain have been increasingly using cheap coal, because the US is using more shale gas and has a surplus to export.

But Lord Smith said this situation "can't and shouldn't last for too long if we care about what we put out into the air and what we're breathing".

Speaking to BBC Radio Four's Today programme, he said emissions of sulphur dioxide, which contributes to acid rain, have been rising again, after dropping 70 per cent in the last decade.
        What's Bob got to say about that then? DOOMED!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          indeed much like how the ideas for electric car's which was invented in the 70's was quickly bought by the oil companies and then research squashed.

or very similar to how it is proposed that many of the major pharamcutical companies have cures for most the major disesase but simply will not release them as it will mean they loose money

it's nice to live in a world full of paranoid conspiracists
          ftfy
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

screw you and give us back me tin hat....

Comment

For people who have always doubted that the science was settled, and doubted the theory of excessive climate sensitivity, for those who have always doubted the economic sense of abandoning fossil fuels and building windmills, there has always been one big question. How do we make it look as if we have some kind of a case in the face of near-unanimous agreement amongst scientists and science academies? Well one tactic , deployed here by the Telegraph, is to ask a leading question of a politician and then selectively quote the reply. The quotee is unimpressed:-

In the light of what has appeared on the Telegraph website suggesting that I have changed my views about climate change, I wanted to make clear that this is not the case.

My views have remained the same for over two decades. I accept the overwhelming scientific evidence that human activities are having a major impact on the climate – there is an overwhelming probability that the impact of greenhouse gas emissions from human actions are contributing to climate change.

I will continue to press for urgent action on this matter, making the case that the move to a low carbon economy is not just right environmentally but also in our economic interest.
              Yeah, a few more 'backtracks' of that quality and the whole thing will come crumbling down. : :
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

No wonder they are starting to recant. Does anyone still believe this will happen in 25 years time ?

anyone ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

No wonder they are starting to recant. Does anyone still believe this will happen in 25 years time ?

anyone ?
                  Yes.

When the EDL/BNP form a govt and all the immigrants piss themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Yes.

When the EDL/BNP form a govt and all the immigrants piss themselves.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

The scientists certainly don't. But then they never did. Straw Man much?
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X