• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barefoot in Basingstoke or Are Socks Necessary ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Not only that, but socks can move between universes. One sock will often dissapear into the void, leaving its partner behind. Also, single socks from other universes will suddenly turn up in your drawer.

http://www.lonelysocks.co.uk/
    Astonishing what we can learn from science, on reflection we are all just lost socks in the Laudromat of Oblivion.

I too for long have suspected that there is a parallel universe where not only socks, but guitar plectrums biros and even pencil sharpeners exist and can trasnfer more or less at random back to our universe.

In that same parallel universe its still Switzerland 0 Ukraine 0 and the Swiss have yet to muster an attack.

Could the parallel socks theory account for Einstiens breakthrough, are Alberts socks to be found in a parallel universe, will the Swiss ever score a penalty?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 July 2006, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      Astonishing what we can learn from science, on reflection we are all just lost socks in the Laudromat of Oblivion.

I too for long have suspected that there is a parallel universe where not only socks, but guitar plectrums biros and even pencil sharpeners exist and can trasnfer more or less at random back to our universe.

In that same parallel universe its still Switzerland 0 Ukraine 0 and the Swiss have yet to muster an attack.

Could the parallel socks theory account for Einstiens breakthrough, are Einstiens socks to be found in a parallel universe, will the Swiss ever score a penalty?
      Good questions Alf.

Socks, biros, plectrums - and especially tea-spoons all exhibit this property.

I believe Einstein didn't wear socks because he found it too distressing. They messed up his theory of the universe. He famously stated that "God does not wear socks!" (nor write with a biro, presumably).

However, the current thinking among leading quantum physicists (Threaded included) suggests the existance of a 'sock heaven' where socks dissapear to for a time, before returning to our every-day dimension.

As for marktet leaders in socks, gotta be these guys http://www.feelmax.com/uk/index.htm

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Moderator! This thread is insensitive and elitist.

Have you thought how this affects paraplegics?

No, thoughtless aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Moderator! This thread is insensitive and elitist.

Have you thought how this affects paraplegics?

No, thoughtless aren't you?
          Moderator !

See this complaint for what it is.

DP is nothing more than an unashamed lackey of the Industrial Sock complex.

Games up DP, your sock empire will soon collapse.

Down with Socks.

I feel much better having said that.

Much Better !!!

PS Sports Fans its still Switzerland 0 Ukraine 0
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 July 2006, 15:42.

Comment

On a related note* for those looking for something a little mor unusual in the undergarmet department...

www.manties.net

No, I dont own any. SFW but may get you some funny looks. Very funny looks. And the odd giggle.

* ok completely unrelated but I was streatching for an excuse to post this...
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              On a related note* for those looking for something a little mor unusual in the undergarmet department...

www.manties.net

No, I dont own any. SFW but may get you some funny looks. Very funny looks. And the odd giggle.

* ok completely unrelated but I was streatching for an excuse to post this...
              Just how did you come across this site? Is there something we need to know?
              My missus would wet herself laughing if I wore those!!

and anyway, whats wrong with wearing the wifes, we've all tried it, go on admit it............... just me again then is it.......................I'll get me coat.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
              X