• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok here's a question for you.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, did you not read my post

Originally posted by sasguru
    On a practical level, executing terrorists makes them martyrs. A life sentence is indeed a better punsishment.

On another tack the Nazis tried your death solution. Problem is they labelled anyone who disagreed with them as deviant or damaged. Now imagine that Labour took your idea on board. How soon before most people on this forum would be executed?
    3rd offence - death.
    Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about any government choosing what becomes a crime, in this democracy (so called), so that's hardly an argument for or against the point.
    Last edited by Dundeegeorge; 18 July 2006, 12:23.
    Why not?

Comment

People that put their filthy shoes on train seats should be hanged. Furthermore, very long sentences indeed should be given to train employees who blow the whistle too close to other people's ears.

Harsh but fair...

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        With all the threads on paedophiles, terrorists, Chico etc - how many of you believe that some people are inherently evil and should, therefore, have their crimes punished by death and how many believe that no-one in their right mind could commit attociously violent crimes and therefore they must be mentally ill and should be 'treated' rather than incarcerated.
        We are all inherently evil - put anyone in an unusual situation and then we have crossed the line. Why are we evil? Its in our genes thanks to a certain Mr Adam and a Mrs Eve aided and abetted by the god of this world - the devil. However the Good News is this, with the power of Holy Spirit and receiving the free salvation of Jesus Christ we can overcome this evil nature and be reconciled with our maker.

1 John 5:5
        Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Revelation 2:7
        He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Oh my god

Originally posted by Pinto
          People that put their filthy shoes on train seats should be hanged. Furthermore, very long sentences indeed should be given to train employees who blow the whistle too close to other people's ears.

Harsh but fair...
          You use the train? Why are you on a contractor's board? Or did you think it was TractorsUK? Are you a body-builder or something?

(NOTE FOR THE HARD OF etc.)
          Why not?

Comment

Oh, I've just thought of

Originally posted by Chico
            We are all inherently evil - put anyone in an unusual situation and then we have crossed the line. Why are we evil? Its in our genes thanks to a certain Mr Adam and a Mrs Eve aided and abetted by the god of this world - the devil. However the Good News is this, with the power of Holy Spirit and receiving the free salvation of Jesus Christ we can overcome this evil nature and be reconciled with our maker.

1 John 5:5
            Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Revelation 2:7
            He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
            another class of people who should be put to death. Now where did I leave those lions?
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              You use the train? Why are you on a contractor's board? Or did you think it was TractorsUK? Are you a body-builder or something?

(NOTE FOR THE HARD OF etc.)
              I'm a contractor alright, but not a rich one, unfortunately.

Comment

That's not what Gordon thinks

Originally posted by Pinto
                I'm a contractor alright, but not a rich one, unfortunately.
                Why not?

Comment

Kill or cure

Why dont we just stick em all in a room with Chico? The severity of the crime determines the term of the sentence/rehabilitation period. Either way once they come out they will either be jibbering wrecks or born again and will therefore offer no threat to society other than possessing a weapon of mass boredom.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    Why dont we just stick em all in a room with Chico? The severity of the crime determines the term of the sentence/rehabilitation period. Either way once they come out they will either be jibbering wrecks or born again and will therefore offer no threat to society other than possessing a weapon of mass boredom.
                    I was thinking of a humane punishment. It might be better to shoot them.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Death is too good for the likes of Huntly say....who is desperate to die.

No...keep them alive. Solitary/hard labour.

If it turns out the prisoner is innocent they can still be released.

Three strikes? No.

If a child molester is found to be guilty by their own admission and evidence...lock them up then and there with no chance of parole.

Same with murderers.

The poeple who kill due to mental illnesses (like schizophrenia). Yep. Locked up. But not a prison. Also if they can live with the disease through drugs then let them live oyside but under very strict supervision. If they miss a course of drugs then they go back inside.
                      http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X