• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woolwich Incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The extended dialog video (not the one on YouTube) is on The Sun website, if you want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      It's called due legal process and is one of the many things which makes us better than them
      WHS 100%

Comment

I think the Brazillian government and UK association of Brazillian electricians might have a different view
        sorry were you talking about the Brazillian electrician here illegally shot incorrectly by counter terrorism officers where the person who gave the order wasn't sanctioned or imprisoned?

Th trial was a talking shop that neither dealt with the failings of the immigration services or the counter terrorism organisation. His family got a few quid hush money and a grudging apology, of course if he hadn't been here illegally he might not have been mistaken as a terrorist.

Within days it was obvious they had got the wrong man, they dragged it out for years and the guilty weren't sacked.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          It's the act of hacking a mans head of, and apologising to the women folk - I don't know, but I'd have to be at the edge of life, or my kids life to even contemplate something like this, but to do it though ideology, it's like we've retreated to the middle ages.

It's actually depressing.
          Yes it is depressing, we haven't regressed, but we've allowed many entry from cultures not as enlightened as ours where tribalism and religion are core values.

What is interesting is the disconnection with the host country and the affiliation to a country never even visited. These are global vagrants who haven't adapted to a complex western society and are giving themselves an simplistic identity and sense of belonging (do not underestimate the allure of this to all human beings) by turning to a cause that fills this void.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

It's called due legal process and is one of the many things which makes us better than them
            True, but when they find that she was justified in shooting them I hope they give her a medal.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yes it is depressing, we haven't regressed, but we've allowed many entry from cultures not as enlightened as ours where tribalism and religion are core values.

What is interesting is the disconnection with the host country and the affiliation to a country never even visited. These are global vagrants who haven't adapted to a complex western society and are giving themselves an simplistic identity and sense of belonging (do not underestimate the allure of this to all human beings) by turning to a cause that fills this void.
              Totally agree. Just WTF are we doing letting in people like this? No details yet obviously but I am guessing he is not some highly skilled or professional type who was actually contributing anything positive to the UK, such people generally integrate a lot better.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Urgent EDL committee meeting perhaps.
                Is it his job to suck off the Chairman underneath the boardroom table?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Overthrow of the international ruling class. I'm not holding my breath.
                  To be replaced by what?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Totally agree. Just WTF are we doing letting in people like this? No details yet obviously but I am guessing he is not some highly skilled or professional type who is actually contributing anything positive to the UK, such people generally integrate a lot better.
                    I think they were born in Britain. Seems one of them came from a family of Christians, judging by his name Ibos from southern Nigeria, who are generally pretty western in their attitudes, went to college and then converted to Islam. So we had a seemingly well integrated 'second generation immigrant' who came into contact with religious loons and went off the rails.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      sorry were you talking about the Brazillian electrician here illegally shot incorrectly by counter terrorism officers where the person who gave the order wasn't sanctioned or imprisoned?

Th trial was a talking shop that neither dealt with the failings of the immigration services or the counter terrorism organisation. His family got a few quid hush money and a grudging apology, of course if he hadn't been here illegally he might not have been mistaken as a terrorist.

Within days it was obvious they had got the wrong man, they dragged it out for years and the guilty weren't sacked.
                      The courts determined that he was here legally

Strange how you are so quick to denigrate the victim in this case. Not once but twice

One thing which the legal process did achieve in this case was the lengths which the met police were prepared to go to in order to cover up the truth.
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X