• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gay marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    It's time that the party focussed on traditional Conservative MP marriage - pretend to be straight for the cameras, whilst having a number of gay flings.
    ...and then getting found in a sleazy hotel suffocated with electric cable around their necks and dildos up their arses?

What was his name again? I bet he went to Winchester. Or Radley, pervs the lot of them.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      It's not even slightly true. We've realised that men & women of different cultures are just men & women, which is entirely different than changing the entire basis of marriage.

More to the point is that proggy is making absurd claims about what Christianity teaches, which are entirely bogus. I do like it when people who have flicked through a bible once claim to be an authority on the subject more than a believer who has spent years/decades listening to sermons, reading the bible, etc.

Question (for someone like Gibbon)... it's been mentioned several times that marriage has evolved over the centuries/millennia but are there any recorded histories of cultures where marriage of same-sex people did occur?
      From the wonderful and always truthful wikipedia;

Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While it is a relatively new practice to grant same-sex couples the same form of legal marital recognition as commonly granted to mixed-sex couples, there is some history of recorded same-sex unions around the world.[76] It is believed that same-sex unions were celebrated in Ancient Greece and Rome,[76] some regions of China, such as Fujian, and at certain times in ancient European history

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
        Depends on the religion, anyone who follows Christianity for example sees homosexuality as a sin. Unless they pick and choose what parts of the bible they believe, in which case they can't really call themselves Christians.
        There are a number of Christian denominations which aren't against gay marriage, eg. Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church of Christ, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), the Episcopal Church of the United States, the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America and the Unitarian Universalists.

I don't think that many of those would describe themselves as not being Christian.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          ...and then getting found in a sleazy hotel suffocated with electric cable around their necks and dildos up their arses?

What was his name again? I bet he went to Winchester. Or Radley, pervs the lot of them.
          My Local MP, Crispen Blunt, ex Blues and Royals, fantastic family man of 3 kids, good all round ex squaddie, been an MP since he left the service. Gets to 56, announces he's been bent all his life, but shielded all of the people he loved from it. Top bloke actually.

Of course, dead set Conservative.

Comment

What was his name again?
            David Carradine?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd be as interested to know what proportion of CUKkers are gay/bi/trans/... I'd start a poll but I'm not sure it's appropriate?
              I think HAB was all 3

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                David Carradine?
                No, it was a tory MP, some years ago.

Comment

No, it was a tory MP, some years ago.
                  Didn't he have an orange stuffed into his mouth, doing the 'Erotic asphyxiation' thing?

He had all sorts bunged and tied up.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    Didn't he have an orange stuffed into his mouth, doing the 'Erotic asphyxiation' thing?

He had all sorts bunged and tied up.
                    Dunno, but he certainly had 'issues', as Americans would say.

Comment

It's not even slightly true. We've realised that men & women of different cultures are just men & women, which is entirely different than changing the entire basis of marriage.

More to the point is that proggy is making absurd claims about what Christianity teaches, which are entirely bogus. I do like it when people who have flicked through a bible once claim to be an authority on the subject more than a believer who has spent years/decades listening to sermons, reading the bible, etc.

Question (for someone like Gibbon)... it's been mentioned several times that marriage has evolved over the centuries/millennia but are there any recorded histories of cultures where marriage of same-sex people did occur?

Why not if it's anonymous? In fact doubly anonymous since most of us don't use our real names.
                      So you are saying the bible and throughout history Christianity has been accepting of Homosexuality?

Here's one from this year Catholic Church Excommunicates Brazilian Priest for Pro-Gay View. d000gh I would respect you more if you stood by your convictions/religion rather than weasel your way out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X