• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what do we do with these areas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    It does and the spend needs splitting in public.

BUT - if you force someone who is unemployed into work you get a multiple bonus:
    1. No JSA paid.
    2. Employment tax increase.
    3. Less likely to commit crime out of boredom or desperation.
    4. Health improvements in claimant.
    5. less likely to breed in quantity if Baby benefit bonus withdrawn.

etc.
    exactly things will only change if you stop people seeing living off benefits as a career.

we make the changes now and hopefully our children reap the rewards in the next generation or so.

It is a long term fix - problem is anything tories do today labour will change tomorrow because for those people the state of the nation is of no concern ,gaining and increasing their own personal wealth and power is.

Comment

It does and the spend needs splitting in public.

BUT - if you force someone who is unemployed into work you get a multiple bonus:
      1. No JSA paid.
      2. Employment tax increase.
      3. Less likely to commit crime out of boredom or desperation.
      4. Health improvements in claimant.
      5. less likely to breed in quantity if Baby benefit bonus withdrawn.

etc.
      As it used to be in the old days & all good stuff if you hadn't given all the entry level jobs to the new migrants
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        exactly things will only change if you stop people seeing living off benefits as a career.

we make the changes now and hopefully our children reap the rewards in the next generation or so.
        You could say that bringing up your kids to believe that not working and living on handouts is acceptable is tantamount to child abuse, and those children should be taken into care and educated properly. It would mean we'd need a much bigger care system, with all the associated costs, but maybe in the long run it'd be worth it if it succeeds in breaking the pattern of generations of jobless families.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          You could say that bringing up your kids to believe that not working and living on handouts is acceptable is tantamount to child abuse, and those children should be taken into care and educated properly. It would mean we'd need a much bigger care system, with all the associated costs, but maybe in the long run it'd be worth it if it succeeds in breaking the pattern of generations of jobless families.
          The great news is that the expanded care system would create plenty of jobs for those unemployed parents whose children have been taken into care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The great news is that the expanded care system would create plenty of jobs for those unemployed parents whose children have been taken into care.
            And mean an even greater % of jobs are public sector
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              And mean an even greater % of jobs are public sector
              Nah - Group 4 will do it.

Comment

I suspect many on the Dole long term are either working illegally or under reporting or artificially limiting hours.

If you forced them to attend to claim JSA then many would not, just as a significant number declined an assessment for disability (please do not suggest that means I approve of the farcical manner the disability assessments have been conducted just the principle.).
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  As it used to be in the old days & all good stuff if you hadn't given all the entry level jobs to the new migrants
                  don't push it!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I suspect many on the Dole long term are either working illegally or under reporting or artificially limiting hours.

If you forced them to attend to claim JSA then many would not, just as a significant number declined an assessment for disability (please do not suggest that means I approve of the farcical manner the disability assessments have been conducted just the principle.).
                    I don't approve of them being used as cheap labour for the multinationals as workfare.

BUT, there are plenty of charities and community organisations that could do with help

Make them do something positive for the community
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

So what do we do?

Stop reading the Daily Mail would be my first guess
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X