• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I do in my semi-retirement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm not doing IT, I'm doing HEOR/Modelling. It's quite interesting and if you have the experience its judging which model to run rather than constant graft like coding. I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it on some level.
    The "sadly" related to the fact that I don't seem able to do nothing - too driven.
    Fair enough. If you can get paid for doing a hobby, that's always a winner.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      I'm not exactly semi-retired but I have worked to set things up so I work about 3 days a week... but I then choose to spend my time working on plan B stuff rather than swanning about.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm not exactly semi-retired but I have worked to set things up so I work about 3 days a week... but I then choose to spend my time working on plan B stuff rather than swanning about.
        Never really considered the way I live between gigs as "swanning about", but each to his/her own.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

I get up at 8 and work till 1 on my plan B, go out for a 12 mile run then usually hit the sofa to watch an afternoon film.

It pretty much looks like I am not going back to contracting again. I have enough dosh, the wife is a printing press and the average IT gig is ******' tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I get up at 8 and work till 1 on my plan B, go out for a 12 mile run then usually hit the sofa to watch an afternoon film.

It pretty much looks like I am not going back to contracting again. I have enough dosh, the wife is a printing press and the average IT gig is ******' tulipe.
            Big rollers?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

It won't last. It's fooking dull doing nothing most of the day. You doing that Stats MSc you were talking about?
              I would.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It won't last. It's fooking dull doing nothing most of the day. You doing that Stats MSc you were talking about?
                I would.
                Most probably although I might not make FT registration this year due to 'stuff' so it is find a PT course or move it back a year. I'll make the decision in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X