• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you remember (2)...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Never could get the hang of Minesweeper though
    Click. Bang! Click. Bang!

You loose.

WTF?

Know exactly how you feel.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      World of Warcraft. Every character variation to max level as it changed over the years. Still working on the latest level 90's.
      WCS. Stopped playing it now as it takes up too much time and is incredibly addictive. No surprises they call it World of Warcrack.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

When I was writing games for a living, I naturally ended up playing whatever I was working on all day every day for months, whether I wanted to or not. (EDIT: Just to be clear, I loved the game I'm talking about in this post.)

There was one I did on both the PC and the Atari ST, called Oops!, that was a real-time puzzle based around symmetrical grids. It had about 34 levels, each more complex than the last, but the creator/designer of the game (a chap from Salisbury called Jason Kendall) had chosen to put the most fiendish level at, IIRC, level 27. On that one there was no forgiveness: if you made a single wrong move, you couldn't complete it.

I insisted on playing my games from start to finish before I'd sign off on them (it's the only way to be sure) and it took me a couple of days to get through the PC version because I spent most of a day learning that level.

Of course by the time I'd completed the ST version a few months later, I'd forgotten how to do it - it wasn't just remembering the steps, there was muscle memory too because you had to just do it, there wasn't time to think - and it took me another day or so to get past it again
        Last edited by NickFitz; 17 May 2013, 02:05.

Comment

Not sure about the finished bit, but Defender on the BBC micro kept me occupied for many hours back in the day.

Now I can't take the action so turn to Freecell to idle away the odd few minutes, over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Not sure about the finished bit, but Defender on the BBC micro kept me occupied for many hours back in the day.

Now I can't take the action so turn to Freecell to idle away the odd few minutes, over and over again.
            I used to know a guy down my local arcade who could make 10p last all day on defender, mad skilz.

I remember playing this a hell of a lot: Heimdall (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia got near the end and my last disk wouldn't load.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Wizardry from Sirtech on the Apple II for me!

Sony has just resurrected it and turned it into the most tulip morpg ever doh...

The original was text and turn based and totally absorbing as well as unforgiving with death meaning death! You can still play the original on the pc with a simulator but it's a bit cumbersome simulating those 43k drives haha.

Death to Werdna...

Comment

Street Fighter II on the SNES. I could thrash the computer on the hardest difficulty setting without losing a round.

Then I discovered girls and alcohol. I've never been that good at a video game since

Comment

Can you remember (2)...

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Freecell.

Been playing it for 10 years or more & still haven't finished*.

Am gradually approaching 80% win/fail though.

*Very probably because I've been playing it on about 7 or 8 different pcs.
                  Aren't there about three Freecell games that are unwinnable?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Lords of Midnight.

Old Greg is utterly tired.
                    I think I had that on my comodore 64. I could be wrong as it was a very long time ago and I never quite got into it. If its the one I'm thinking of, I did like the way you could send one guy into battle against thousands and the next day he was still alive and battling valiently!

One game I have replayed a few times is Compnay Of Heros
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                      I think I had that on my comodore 64. I could be wrong as it was a very long time ago and I never quite got into it. If its the one I'm thinking of, I did like the way you could send one guy into battle against thousands and the next day he was still alive and battling valiently!

One game I have replayed a few times is Compnay Of Heros
                      BoredBloke alone killed one hundred and twenty of the enemy.

Comment

Working...
                      X