• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

@Vetran - what's with the constant stream of DM links?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    agree most of the stories are on more 'reputable' papers / sources but do I want to link to the Leftie Graunaid or BBC?

A Graunaid link for everyone

ABCs: National daily newspaper circulation February 2013 | Media | guardian.co.uk

oh yes DM second largest circulation behind the T&B so they reflect the things people are willing to pay to know.

the 'quality papers' are a real minority.
    What does your understanding of epistemology tell you about your use of the word 'know'.

Comment

I believe the DM is the top online paper. Mind you, I like The Sun, by far the best pictures of cute little animals and huge ladies' bottoms.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I believe the DM is the top online paper. Mind you, I like The Sun, by far the best pictures of cute little animals and huge ladies' bottoms.
        What I admire most about the Mail is its ability to moan about dumbing down in education and culture with no apparent irony.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

When you fell out of the stupid tree you must have bumped all the branches on the way down.
          nope you had already cleared the way.

Higher sales=more willing to pay. do you want to read Marketing for Dummies?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            What I admire most about the Mail is its ability to moan about dumbing down in education and culture with no apparent irony.
            yep that is amusing.

Comment

this is why I don't read the Granuid

This is how racism takes root | Joseph Harker | Comment is free | The Guardian

By now surely everyone knows the case of the eight men convicted of picking vulnerable underage girls off the streets, then plying them with drink and drugs before having sex with them. A shocking story. But maybe you haven't heard. Because these sex assaults did not take place in Rochdale, where a similar story led the news for days in May, but in Derby earlier this month. Fifteen girls aged 13 to 15, many of them in care, were preyed on by the men. And though they were not working as a gang, their methods were similar – often targeting children in care and luring them with, among other things, cuddly toys. But this time, of the eight predators, seven were white, not Asian. And the story made barely a ripple in the national media.
              apologist trash based on racial prejudice presented as journalism.

Both sets of crimes were vile but a group collaborating is far worse than working independently.

warped thinking at its best.

The comments are better journalism than the opinion piece.

Comment

yep that is amusing.
                Don't worry. You're not meant to get it.

Comment

Lordy, can the Independent be long for this world? Mind you it is a truly crap newspaper.

What a shame that a truly great newspaper like The Times has such poor circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Lordy, can the Independent be long for this world? Mind you it is a truly crap newspaper.

What a shame that a truly great newspaper like The Times has such poor circulation.
                    That's because they put it behind a paywall.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sorry only pasted a few today.

next week tractor production will hit record levels.

Did find some Jeremy Kyle style stories that painted my keyboard with disbelief.

I was on conference calls and when you have to listen to some old fart in a young body telling how yet again we are going to revitalise our business, I suspect it will be the normal secret squirrel stuff, then moving manufacturing to somewhere cheaper, giving my local site more work but no more resource and laying a few people off.

I'm also doing some DB work which is taking ages.

The Daily Mail is slightly less damaging than gouging your eyes out which seemed the only alternative.
                      This is categorically denied!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X