• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock! Horror! Daily Wail says foreign born commit 25% of the crimes in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Sure others have pointed out the typical liberal lefty errors here:

a) The report says almost one in five of those suspected of murder or rape in England and Wales last year was born abroad. That is way above proportionate.

b) Even if it was proportionate it would be way too high, given that we have no obligation to take in the rough with the smooth and should as far as possible be excluding all criminals. Would we expect Canada or Australia to take in proportionate numbers of our sink estate kids along with our qualified people? I don't think so.

c) The extent of rape in London is almost certainly greatly underestimated among ethnic minorities, because gang rape is largely unreported as in this Guardian report:

Rape is a weapon of war
    Is it only ethnic minorities who hang in gangs or do we get similar across 'white' sink estates?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Is it only ethnic minorities who hang in gangs or do we get similar across 'white' sink estates?
      I've noticed that lots of old people hang around in gangs in the supermarket blocking up the aisles and then wasting the staff's time at the tills chatting about the weather and trying to find that 5 cent coin they left in the bottom of their purses.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

them oldies are fookin mental - do not cross them

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Sure others have pointed out the typical liberal lefty errors here:

a) The report says almost one in five of those suspected of murder or rape in England and Wales last year was born abroad. That is way above proportionate.

b) Even if it was proportionate it would be way too high, given that we have no obligation to take in the rough with the smooth and should as far as possible be excluding all criminals. Would we expect Canada or Australia to take in proportionate numbers of our sink estate kids along with our qualified people? I don't think so.

c) The extent of rape in London is almost certainly greatly underestimated among ethnic minorities, because gang rape is largely unreported as in this Guardian report:

Rape is a weapon of war
          I'n neither a lefty nor disputing that 20% of murders is far too high.
          My point was that the Mail headline figure was not particularly high for London, indicating a lack of basic numeracy.
          HTH.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I'n neither a lefty ...
            Yes you are. So am I. I'm a free market, rather libertarian type of lefty who believes that government should be cautious with money and encourage enterprise, but a lefty nonetheless, apparently. It works this way; if a 'righty' disagrees with you, he calls you a 'lefty' and vice-versa. You take two reasonable, considered opinions which differ only in nuance and then present them as being diametrically opposed, and repeat the same false dichotomy time and time again until it results in

It doesn't matter on CUK but when it happens in real life political discourse, it can have real consequences, like people being misled into voting for cretins, or even people getting hurt or killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes you are. .
              I vote Tory. Always have done. But I guess I'm a one-nation Tory.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

ftfy. Hth, bikiw.
                You're wrong as usual - you don't get to the top of ANY big organisation without people and language skills, but you can without good technical skills. That's why you're limited to £1000/day whereas someone with your supposed skills should be earning millions if they weren't such a tard.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What i have noticed though is every time there is a stabbing or shooting in London recently, both the victim and the offender are black teens/young adults.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You're wrong as usual - you don't get to the top of ANY big organisation without people and language skills, but you can without good technical skills. That's why you're limited to £1000/day whereas someone with your supposed skills should be earning millions if they weren't such a tard.
                    Personally i wouldn't mind being limited to £1000/day

Comment

I vote Tory. Always have done. But I guess I'm a one-nation Tory.
                      I'm a member of Conservatives Abroad. I think the EU is basically a good idea that's gone astray and is in danger of going off the rails altogether. I think Britain should be in it, building alliances to reform or even rebuild the whole thing. I like free movement of goods, services and people, but not one or two of those things without the other, because I think that if business is free to move around the place then people should be free to follow it or to lead it. I think governments in Europe are becoming more and more parochial as populist politicians play on people's frustrations; at the same time I recognise that people's concerns and frustrations at the EU are real and need to be addressed, and that it's probably only the UK's government and possibly the Dutch and Danish governments that really understand that at the moment. I don't buy this theory that the whole thing is a German or Franco-German plot to take over Europe, because I remember Germany in the 1980's before the wall came down and understand some of the cultural backgrounds to the political decisions. I think Greece, Cyprus, Spain and possibly Italy need some help to get things back on track, whether that help goes through the ECB or the EU or any other way, and I think that if they aren't helped along now, there's a real threat of instability that can damage the whole of Europe. In short, I don't believe in parochial politics or heads in the sand idealism or racism or exaggerated nationalism; I guess that makes me a lefty liberal whining pinko commie bastard in the eyes of some people.

Oh, and as I gain more knowledge about the world I find it more and more difficult to form a one-line or 140 character twitter style opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X