• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So is it worth going to war over £25 a day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are all absolutely correct.

My general issue is that if I am going to kick these idiots in the nuts on Monday and show the client my true invoice. while its is the right thing to do as they have been found lying and we can do with removing arses like that from the market where ever we find them. The actual role is one that will take me back to the mid 700's or even into a good CIO role in the long term because the client has one of the best names in the business and I am helping them expand their business capability and really getting to do the full range of SA/EA and strategy in a challenging environment.

The client is a little green when it comes to agents as they hardly ever use contractors, so for the first time in maybe 10 years I am earring on the side of pick the battle because if they go nuts and sack the agency, I am most likely going to be a collateral casualty, because unlike me who is happy to say: "screw you agency! Sue my company into administration you wont get **** all!!", the end client probably won't take the same **** you attitude to the agent...

Staying silent while sticking in my throat, returns me well over 60k even if I don't get renewed, finishes my house and leaves me with a war chest or new shiny car ...

What I can do to ensure the Agency take a hit is introduce a really nice well connected woman that I have dealt with for the last 10 years she knows what an unrelenting bastard I am and knows automatically the sorts of people that I want to work with. As a result its much easier for the client to say get me another 4 spud's and she will know what they mean and do it for a conservative 15% as opposed to the 22% these clowns have stolen.

I will be having my pound of flesh back out of them but I think its going to be a slow burning fuse rather than the great almighty punch up I was in for last night...

Comment

Very wise, especially as you´re doing so well, don´t rock the boat too much. Many of us are "washed up". As you say it doesn´t stop you getting even.

What industry/business are you in?
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 May 2013, 13:03.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I would have more sympathy for you if you didnt use the word rape so appallingly out of context.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I would have more sympathy for you if you didnt use the word rape so appallingly out of context.
          earings threw me as well. what have earings got to do with anything
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Very wise, especially as you´re doing so well, don´t rock the boat too much. Many of us are "washed up". As you say it doesn´t stop you getting even.

What industry/business are you in?
            I came from a humble Sun systems admin role in the beginning (actually as low as a tape monkey for a while) however these days I am involved in solutions architecture and more importantly datacentre transition and transformation. The other string to my bow is Cloud infrastructure design and the migration strategy (I am expecting this to be my big winner for the next few years)

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Sorry my bad I will edit it to something less inflammatory.

Comment

If you don't want to stir it up with the client then you could just keep this between you and the agency. It could be worth talking to the agency and telling them that the game is up and see what sort of settlement they come to under the threat of you telling the client what they've been doing....
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Worst case scenario, your client is aware of what the agency is doing and doesn't cate. They wonder what your problem is.

I sympathise with your sentiment though. My last client renaged on a deal I had with them. Whilst this cost me a few hundred quid, I was more annoyed by their arrogance. Having taken advice and having cleared things with the agency I had worked through, I was in a position to teach the client a lesson. However, reality is it was quicker and easier to let them get away with it than cause a stir.

Comment

Working...
                X