• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England - Subsidised Restaurant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texaco or Salomans Bros.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nicest works canteen was the directors dining rooms at Earnst and Young I used it for 2 weeks before someone pointed out that the temp from the post room was supposed to use the staff slop house with the rest of the plebs

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Best canteen I remember was the one at Torness Nuclear Power Station...
        Did it serve a morning ready-brek with a REAL glow to it?

Comment

Question to the OP: Do you know the chief cashier?
          I've always wanted to know what he would give you if you handed him a £20 note.

(this of course coming from "I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of twenty pounds" signed the chief cashier).

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Nicest works canteen was the directors dining rooms at Earnst and Young I used it for 2 weeks before someone pointed out that the temp from the post room was supposed to use the staff slop house with the rest of the plebs
            The Bristol & West building society canteen was renowned for it's quality and value - so much so that they found themselves serving over 2000 covers at lunch - which wasn't bad considering there were only 1500 Bristol & West employees.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Question to the OP: Do you know the chief cashier?
              I've always wanted to know what he would give you if you handed him a £20 note.

(this of course coming from "I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of twenty pounds" signed the chief cashier).
              He was outsourced to India...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Average Price increase for contractors is a 42% increase, effective from today.
                That's Quantitative Easing for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Respect!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bank of England - Subsidised Restaurant

Last week I had me dinner (lunch if Southern) in the Cosy Kitchen opposite, which is run by and mainly for those who, well a sort of Irish Care in the Community thing. The local nuthouse being round the corner, Burton Hall.

This time I get charged way less - like four Euro instead of seven so I say like - you sure that's right?

Oh, she says, I thought you were from Burton Hall...

Hmmmm, not only do I look like a Joey Deacon I also am being charged extra for being normal.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Oh, she says, I thought you were from Burton Hall...

Hmmmm, not only do I look like a Joey Deacon I also am being charged extra for being normal.
                      You could have said you were from contractoruk.com, and she'd have given you an even bigger divi-discount

Comment

Working...
                      X