• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism in the IT Industry (contracting or otherwise..)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak
    Some clueless agent phoned me up waxing lyrical about a contract with all mod cons. When he told me it was in Dubai I laughed at him and said they probably wouldn't be interested in me. He was completely non-plussed by this and said that my CV was perfect - I had to explain that I had bumpy bits in all the wrong places. He was most indignant and would only go away when I said I would definately take the contract if the client wanted me.

At least he had the decency to phone up mortified and apologied for the 'confusion'.

Bless.
    How large are your bumpy bits?
    Or is that sexist?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Large enough...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm breastist because I prefer smallish pointed up-turned ones. I discrimate against saggy droopy ones. Or does that make me droopist?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Large enough...
          Large enough like nothing wasted, or extra hands reqired?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Large enough...

A picture is better than a thousand words

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              I'm breastist because I prefer smallish pointed up-turned ones. I discrimate against saggy droopy ones. Or does that make me droopist?
              I think everyone discriminates against saggy droopy ones.

Comment

...but if you have little 'uns they just disappear altogether!
                "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Janey's here. Time for Light Relief, methinks ...

...although to be fair this time it's my fault. Anyway Janey are your boobies disappearing then? The answer may be silicon.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 14 July 2006, 15:20.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BradNeedsYourHelp
                    Do you have any evidence of it? have you experienced it yourself?

One of the posts on here, got me thinking about it.

If that was my "smoke signals or jungle drums" comment I can only apologise if it caused offence....
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Smoke signals?? You mean there are Red Indians, sorry, Indiginous Americans on this board? What next? Hope there's no Innuit on here, I hate those lousy seal-clubbing whale-spearing bastards. They can all bog off back to Alaska or wherever it is.
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 14 July 2006, 17:37.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X