• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simple cooking tips that work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a ricer when making mash.

Make sure the milk and butter are warm as well.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Chopping onions, slice vertically turn 90 degrees and chop.

Why do people slice horizontally? Waste of time if you ask me as the onions layered structure will give you small pieces anyway.
      Keep your onions in the fridge - no tears!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Instead of using wine in some sauces you can use an oily prat.
        How is adding Nicolas Sarkozy to my sauce going to improve it?
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Try marinating lamb for two days - πολύ νόστιμο!

Did some lamb shoulder in lemon, Greek natural yoghurt, garlic, black pepper, olive oil, martini rosso (yes!) and thyme - souvlaki-tastic!
          I'd leave the lemon out if you are marinading it for that long it can pre cook the meat.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I'd leave the lemon out if you are marinading it for that long it can pre cook the meat.
            Hmmm, good point, although there's only a squeeze of it. I didn't notice anything untoward although the meat is BBQd/Grilled.

I remember once marinating some squid in pure lemon juice. Later that afternoon it had vanished! What an idiot!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I think a few tips from Nigella might help things along in this thread................NSFW!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Or maybe even Kirsty??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Hmmm, good point, although there's only a squeeze of it. I didn't notice anything untoward although the meat is BBQd/Grilled.

I remember once marinating some squid in pure lemon juice. Later that afternoon it had vanished! What an idiot!
                  A small amount isn't too bad. If you want to infuse lemon flavour use lemon zest ( make sure it is unwaxed).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And what about Delia??

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      And what about Delia??

All big girls hey SB. I guess I kind of knew that though

Comment

Working...
                      X