• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Bunch of :wonkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with Zen for ages, very rare to have an outage, only one I can recall was after the adsl2+ upgrade.

With luck Ethernet will become more prevalent and cheaper.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      interesting

i am with talk talk - but rarely get problems - maybe once a month may drop connection - but a simple re-boot and all is fine again

i am in the Cheshire area so maybe we just get better service cos we are better people?

I thought all ISP's were relient on BT infrastructure, unless you are with Virgin who have their own network. We had a right pain in the arse time with BT Openzone when we were switched over to fibre. No show from the BTO engineer

I complained to BT, Sky and Offcom and he turned up out of the blue one saturday morning!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        I thought all ISP's were relient on BT infrastructure, unless you are with Virgin who have their own network. We had a right pain in the arse time with BT Openzone when we were switched over to fibre. No show from the BTO engineer

I complained to BT, Sky and Offcom and he turned up out of the blue one saturday morning!
        they are, however companies like Zen have the ability to ignore first line support and go direct to people who can find their own body parts. They also actively manage issues and escalate through official channels.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I use Virgin and rarely have problems, the last one being some local oik ripped open the cable box in the street but apart from that no dropped connections
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

+1 for Zen. No issues in years of use - just upgraded to FTTC and its all lovely and fast. I still have my 8 free static IPs as well.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
              +1 for Zen. No issues in years of use - just upgraded to FTTC and its all lovely and fast. I still have my 8 free static IPs as well.
              IP freely
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I've had problems with both BT and Virgin.

Currently using Virgin and Three Mobile as a backup. It's the only way to get trouble free connectivity.

Toying with the idea of a 3G failover router...

3G Router Store
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                  +2 for Zen Internet - Bit pricey at £98 per month, but genuinely unlimited downloads. I average at least a couple of hundred Gbytes per month
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Linkywinky
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      interesting

i am with talk talk - but rarely get problems - maybe once a month may drop connection - but a simple re-boot and all is fine again

i am in the Cheshire area so maybe we just get better service cos we are better people?

+1
                      Been with TT for 4 years now, other than the BT exchange being trashed and a weather related problem with fibre, I've no complaints, particularly at the price.

Customer support is iffy though.

Comment

Working...
                      X