• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Triple Dip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A simple geographic test would be a starter - if you live abroad, you don't get it. If you live in a nursing home, you don't get it.

But Cameron promised that he wouldn't do anything to pensioners, so they won't.
    what u-turn Cameron..

means test a few benefits - cut child benefit to two or maybe one child, in say 10 years (so it doesn't affect an children in poor situations now) i'd vote for that...

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      what u-turn Cameron..

means test a few benefits - cut child benefit to two or maybe one child, in say 10 years (so it doesn't affect an children in poor situations now) i'd vote for that...
      has to be done.

Universal benefit is a step towards it. Now they just need to run it well (ah spotted the flaw).
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Government still advertising for non jobs
        You should apply. With your non-personality and non-intellect you'd be a shoe-in.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          What else is he meant to do? It is interesting that having indulged ourselves in labour the country has once again gone bust Everyone expects the Tories to sort the mess out. When they cannot do it everyone starts whining again. If you really want the problems to be sorted out then the only answer would be to completely cull the public sector and allow inefficient businesses (including banks) go bust.

By all means get rid of osborne but if you really want the debt wiped away you will not want to hear what would be needed.
          The same amount of money is in the economy. It is just a larger version the game “Monopoly”. It is just that the game is nearly over because someone cheated.

Printing more money devalues the currency, not only on forex but also globally. We have had our buying power reduced by 20% that’s to printing money for the banks.

Had the government not bailed out the banks they could have let them go under and pay off private debt at the same cost. That would have give a huge boost to the economy.

Bankers should be put in prison and executed.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Bankers should be put in prison and executed.
            Everyone who works for banks?

Seems harsh but I guess I dodge the bullet as I am just a software engineer who did some contract work for banks!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I prefer the lick the chutney spoon and go back for seconds. Thirds...hmmmmm.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The only thing Osborne managed to do successfully was increase in taxation.

Not a hard thing to do given that VAT is difficult to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  The only thing Osborne managed to do successfully was increase in taxation.

Not a hard thing to do given that VAT is difficult to avoid.
                  Exports and not asking too many questions solves a few problems
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Exports and not asking too many questions solves a few problems
                    Exports, yes.

We've got Spanish clients who are asking for certificate of tax residence - turns out they got withholding tax laws and without this certificate it's hard to export stuff to them.

Do you know how ****ing hard is it to get this certificate from HMRC? There was apparently one guy who did it last year and now he moved on, so they appear to have nobody responsible for that, yet such certificates only valid for 1 year and clients want it for their specific country.

Can't make this tulip up - going to write letter to my MP to ask those fookwits in HMRC why the fook they make it difficult for companies to get money INTO UK?

I can understand why it can be hard to get them to agree that somebody is NOT a tax resident, but when you get a company that is:

1) registered for VAT with HMRC
                    2) registered for corp tax purposes
                    3) registered in UK in the first place
                    4) fooking paying taxes here

Why is it hard to get a fooking piece of paper saying that the company pays taxes in UK?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Well, we've had a Kingdom run by a king.
                      And an Empire run by an Emperor (or at least an Empress)
                      So who's running the country?
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 24 April 2013, 21:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X