• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Birthday Euler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sorry Sas since your post isn't an integer it doesn't prove anything.

Shall I assume proggy is your sockie? Are you also claiming integers are invented rather than discovered?
    I don't have any sockies.
    You can read my recommendations if you want to appear less of a fool.
    Otherwise keep digging.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Given that Spivak was my course book for Real Analysis, and I got a first in the subject (in 1989, before the great dumbing down of degrees), I guess you'll just have to call me a liar.

Imagine how much that bothers me.
      Did you do the exercises in Spivak?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I don't have any sockies.
        You can read my recommendations if you want to appear less of a fool.
        Otherwise keep digging.
        I don't really care what a stranger on an internet forum who lies about every aspect of their life thinks about me.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          Nope integers are man made, most early civilizations only had numbers for 1 and 2 with others being many. Also God does not exist.
          As sasguru observed originally coined by Kronecker. It's not meant to be taken literally. It's sad that so many people today are so ignorant of ... well, pretty much everything.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't really care what a stranger on an internet forum who lies about every aspect of their life thinks about me.
            I lie about my life? You wish.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Did you do the exercises in Spivak?
              Yes. That's how I was able to understand the subject. However, I'll freely admit I've forgotten it all now - too much alcohol and coke.

Still got the book at home. My son worked through it one summer when he was bored.

Comment

Sorry Sas since your post isn't an integer it doesn't prove anything.

Shall I assume proggy is your sockie? Are you also claiming integers are invented rather than discovered?
                Why do you accuse me of being a sockie, just because I highlighted you fuzzy understanding of integers? Why not stick to the topic, don't revert to abuse and accusations.

Comment

According to patent law, integers were discovered, not invented.

Here's a discussion you might find interesting if you wish to evolve beyond your current level of abysmal ignorance. http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/52291.html

Comment

Yes..
                    Full marks then. I've done less than half over the years - not bad for someone doing it for "fun".
                    Great though his clarity of exposition is, about half of the substance of that book is in the exercises.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

As sasguru observed originally coined by Kronecker. It's not meant to be taken literally. It's sad that so many people today are so ignorant of ... well, pretty much everything.
                      "Not to be taken literally", the classic religious argument, which basically translates to "not true".

Comment

Working...
                      X