• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are some folk keen on making a point at the funeral?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I do not necessarily agree with the point he made but IO respect the fact that he made it and argued it so eloquently. The reason why I have not made a counter argument is because - well I am not sure I can.

Having read the post I happen to agree with it, whereas you say you disagree but you do not explain why.
    I didn't say I disagreed - as usual, you assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I didn't say I disagreed - as usual, you assumed.
      Rightly
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You have not raised one single logical argument. You have no idea of how to debate. Like the rest of your ilk you believe that every argument needs to be won no matter how ridiculous it is. You cannot argue that her reforms should have been rolled back, nor can you show where the money was to come from to regenerate the economy and you seem to assume that money grows on trees.
        Actually ,in that post was a reiteration of a reasoned point that she should have had a strategy for dealing with the people she put out of work. She didn't. This was a failure. This is the second time I've given you this reasoned logical argument for how she could have done things better. Twice you've chosen to ignore it, presumably because you have nothing to say, being incapable of reasoned argument yourself, and prefer frothing at the mouth.

My ilk, as I have explained, is the ilk of those who look to science and evidence for policy decisions. You seem incapable of understanding that, or of recognising the existence of alternative ideas other than your own delusional you strawman rantings. You're just a bag of wind and piss.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Actually ,in that post was a reiteration of a reasoned point that she should have had a strategy for dealing with the people she put out of work. She didn't. This was a failure. This is the second time I've given you this reasoned logical argument for how she could have done things better. Twice you've chosen to ignore it, presumably because you have nothing to say, being incapable of reasoned argument yourself, and prefer frothing at the mouth.

My ilk, as I have explained, is the ilk of those who look to science and evidence for policy decisions. You seem incapable of understanding that, or of recognising the existence of alternative ideas other than your own delusional you strawman rantings. You're just a bag of wind and piss.
          I should clarify I didn't say they didn't have a strategy, it wasn't great but they did start several area regeneration schemes. The trouble was that the average Briton just wasn't the entrepreneurial type.

My main point was that it was inevitable that there would be pain because mind-sets had to change.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Actually ,in that post was a reiteration of a reasoned point that she should have had a strategy for dealing with the people she put out of work. She didn't. This was a failure.
            That's not true. She did have a strategy. Her strategy was as with many other things that the free market economy would sort it out in the end, which it did in the long run. You can say more should have been done in the short term, but apart from creating new state-owned industries and funding them with tax-payers money, what exactly would you have done?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Her strategy was as with many other things that the free market economy would sort it out in the end, which it did in the long run.
              Did it? I think you'll find that a lot of these areas have a high proportion of working age people who don't work. Effectively we stopped subsidising their jobs and started paying them directly. More importantly the culture and habit of working and taking pride in work has been replaced with something altogether less helpful, that if anything makes it harder for the free market to have a positive effect. If that was her strategy it was very poorly implemented.
              Last edited by doodab; 14 April 2013, 17:30.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Maybe if these subsidised workers were not continually striking and causing general havoc to economy in their quest to run the country over the government we might have got along a bit better.

A general point about the coverage and online chit chat of this affair has been the amount of lies and general untruths passed around. Even tonight I heard on the news that she shut down the local steel mill, it actually closed in 1992 when under private ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Maybe if these subsidised workers were not continually striking and causing general havoc to economy in their quest to run the country over the government we might have got along a bit better.

A general point about the coverage and online chit chat of this affair has been the amount of lies and general untruths passed around. Even tonight I heard on the news that she shut down the local steel mill, it actually closed in 1992 when under private ownership.

Plus she sold all that gold at rock bottom prices before engaging in a War with the Taliban and Al Queda. Also heard she was responsible for that awful film John Carter on Mars last year. A truly heinous woman.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    That's not true. She did have a strategy. Her strategy was as with many other things that the free market economy would sort it out in the end, which it did in the long run. ?

It did? Which country do you live in? Certainly not in the 3rd most indebted country in the world, the one without growth for 5 years, the one with a constant trade deficit because it imports much more than it exports, the one with 1.7 million people permanently on the sick books, the one with 25% youth unemployment, and dodgy free market banks which it had to bail out raising its debt GDP ratio from 40% to close to 90%, the one that squandered its North Sea oil to pay for unemplyment benefits?

Some of you live in cloud cuckoo land.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I should clarify I didn't say they didn't have a strategy, it wasn't great but they did start several area regeneration schemes. The trouble was that the average Briton just wasn't the entrepreneurial type.

My main point was that it was inevitable that there would be pain because mind-sets had to change.
                      Thank flip for that - imagine if we were a nation of Alan Sugars?

Actually the "average" of most countries probably aren't entrepreneurial types.

Comment

Working...
                      X