• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite nationalities to work with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yanks seem to be rather glaringly obviously missing.

And I like the English but not Scots or Irish
    Last edited by d000hg; 11 April 2013, 19:43.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Naaah, I'd still go with Pilipino.....safer

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Yep, British right
        So Maggie loving Conservatives then (ducks)
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          So Maggie loving Conservatives then (ducks)

Just being PC.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Yanks seem to be rather glaringly obviously missing.
            Only 15 choices so had to miss out most of the world. Septics? Yeah worked with them and very friendly but don't go a for a pint after work so points deducted, same with Canadians.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Only 15 choices so had to miss out most of the world. Septics? Yeah worked with them and very friendly but don't go a for a pint after work so points deducted, same with Canadians.
              Oh I don't know, all the ones I've worked with quite enjoyed going out for a beer or 3
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Oh I don't know, all the ones I've worked with quite enjoyed going out for a beer or 3
                At home in the US?

Worked for a US company here in Scotland with a few of the senior guys around for relatively short periods.

Every weekend was lap dancing joints on expenses. Loved every minute
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Scandinavian (Norwegian) , certainly the happiest and most friendly. Finlanders, rather boring but they are only re-badged Russians.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

At home in the US?

Worked for a US company here in Scotland with a few of the senior guys around for relatively short periods.

Every weekend was lap dancing joints on expenses. Loved every minute
                    Primarily in the USA. I worked for about 7 years for an American company as their man in EMEA and used to go over quite often. First stop used to be the hotel bar and then off for food and beer. One of the blokes was a micro-brewery freak so used to find out if there were any in the area which we would then have to visit. He used to bring his 'growler' with him so he could stock up with the best one that we found (even managed to take some German beer over with me once for him.) Even when they came over here we would end up having a few beers after a long day. I once gave a training course in Düsseldorf which was attended by an American, 2 Germans, a Swiss, 2 Israelis, a Spaniard and a Portuguese and in this town, as soon as you sit down you're give a beer (Alt) straightaway. The only people who 'really' enjoyed that were the American and the Portuguese (and me, natch.) I probably shouldn't have arranged for our lunches to be in the brewery though!
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Scandinavian (Norwegian) , certainly the happiest and most friendly. Finlanders, rather boring but they are only re-badged Russians.
                      Russians are much nicer to work with.

To be fair most nationals are fine to work with except if they happen to be Indian and male.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X