• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I've got a contract AND two months severance pay
    Triple bubble - respect!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I've got a contract AND two months severance pay from permieco, so there. Thatcherism you see; because I'm prepared to get in the car and travel for a couple of hours to get there, and stay in a B&B a couple of nights a week, I do OK. The bloke around the corner who's been unemployed for over a year complained at the weekend that the employment office want him to go to an interview 45 minutes drive away from home and threatened to take away his unemployment benefit if he doesn't go. I have lots of sympathy for people who genuinely can´t find work or those who genuinely cannot work, but not for him.
      Filthy elitist, you should have taken the day off and taken swampy to his interview. He deserves to be chauffeur driven after his contribution.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Filthy elitist
        Au contraire. I am a migrant, itinerant IT jobber with a few skills that I have to sell to make a living; my only way ahead is work like hell anywhere I can find the work. I happily give people lifts, but not if their unwashed bodies are likely to make my car smell of them.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Nice one!
            Join IPSE

Comment

Congratulations! Kill the fatted calf, etc.

Comment

Well done. Once a contractor always a contractor.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Congrats - now you can spend all that dirty permie severance pay on a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Congratulations! Kill the suckling pig, etc.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X