• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So now all the Thatcher hot air is dying down ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So explain to us what your lots industrial policy is then O wise owl - let us see an example of what you mean
    My "lots"? What's my "lots", you absolute nincompoop?
    I really hope you haven't bred, because your kids are fooked: low IQ if they've got your genes, no prospects in a country too stupid to fix itself because of stupid ideologists like yourself. It doesn't look good.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We have such a policy.

High tech industry - China, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan
      Service sector - India
      Heavy industry - Overseas, wherever is cheapest
      Everything else - Here, staffed by immigrants.
      scarily close to the truth.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Without some sort of industrial policy, it doesn't matter who you vote for - the country is condemned to permanent decline.
        so that's it then?

we are doomed to slide into a mad max styly post apocalyptic world where gangs rule via violence and terror and money has no meaning?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          so that's it then?

we are doomed to slide into a mad max styly post apocalyptic world where gangs rule via violence and terror and money has no meaning?

we are getting there according to the DM
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My "lots"? What's my "lots", you absolute nincompoop?
            I really hope you haven't bred, because your kids are fooked: low IQ if they've got your genes, no prospects in a country too stupid to fix itself because of stupid ideologists like yourself. It doesn't look good.
            OK what is labour's industrial policy?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              so that's it then?

Its rarely that dramatic - what usually happens is that society somehow muddles along in a kind of limbo and each generation get successively poorer, apart from an oligarchy at the top who creams off most of the wealth.
              It's happening already.
              If you have kids best thing you can do is teach them a useful foreign language so they can leave.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you have kids best thing you can do is teach them a useful foreign language so they can leave.
                Luckily English is a good first language to have.

Britain's most successful export? Educated, skilled and trained people.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  OK what is labour's industrial policy?
                  I doubt they have one. None of the parties does AFAIK.
                  They just have different ideas about how they will divide the existing too-small cake.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Educated, skilled and trained people.
                    Hardly since the Asians are ahead in that too. We just send dross like Suity and Lord Ha Ha abroad.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I doubt they have one. None of the parties does AFAIK.
                      They just have different ideas about how they will divide the existing too-small cake.
                      I thought you were banging on about UKIP not having one and yet you admit that none of the other parties have one

and you call me dumb!!
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X