• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ding Dong we lost a great stateswomen - Margaret Thatcher has died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's entirely in my interest as a well-off member of society to want to make sure that society as a whole is economically sound.
    I don't want to live in a gated community with armed security guards like parts of the US or SA.
    Oh pleeeassseeee sir Bono/Sasguru throw us down some crumbs from your table of plenty. we are soooo grateful to you for caring about us from your exalted position.

A place in the house of \Lords for you what would you rather have sir? OBE, MBE?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Oh pleeeassseeee sir Bono/Sasguru throw us down some crumbs from your table of plenty. we are soooo grateful to you for caring about us from your exalted position.

A place in the house of \Lords for you what would you rather have sir? OBE, MBE?
      Wow, a straw man constructed immediately and out of thin air.
      If I was your parents I would begrudge the money they wasted on your private school.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hello

I'm here for the

How is everybody?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Wow, a straw man constructed immediately and out of thin air.
          If I was your parents I would begrudge the money they wasted on your private school.
          Thatcherism is good and fine for you but "other people" are too stupid and incapable of enjoying the benefits that you so enjoy. Is that it?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Do you mean the famous Irish tax dodger or the dog food?
            I think he means the famous Irish tax dodger who avoids tax by parking U2's holding in the Netherlands where he pays 0% tax on profits made outside of the Netherlands, whose lefty finance minister just accused Cyprus of being a tax haven.

I'd sooner trust a tax dodger than a European finance minister.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              Growing up in the 70s and 80s the majority of my family and freinds owned their own homes, they were mainly working class (as it was then). This was common. You have to go back to pre second world war to match the depiction you are describing.
              possibly up north this was the case, down south much of it was rented.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Thatcherism is good and fine for you but "other people" are too stupid and incapable of enjoying the benefits that you so enjoy. Is that it?
                Are you really that dense? Really? I'm feeling guilty now, it's like beating a retard.
                Has your brain imploded?
                What the fook is your point?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  In the inner cities maybe, but then explain this, contrast 1976 with the stats up to 92. it seems to me some people are so caught up in the political spin they have become detached from reality.

Here is my analysis, during the tenure of M Thatcher, the right to buy scheme led to a marginal increase in home ownership, from 55% to slightly under 60%.
                  Last edited by ZARDOZ; 8 April 2013, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                    In the inner cities maybe, but then explain this, contrast 1976 with the stats up to 92.

So how exactly do you square your own wealth with Thatcherism?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Living in Sussex in the late 70s my parents owned their own home, except when I was very young and we lived on various RAF bases. I'm sure most of my friends and family owned houses too; I can only really think of my one set of grandparents who were council tenants in London.

David Mellor (yes him) was just on Sky News. One thing he said was that perhaps her greatest legacy is that she reformed the Labour party. It's true: believe what you want about Thatcher destroying industry, but once Labour got back into power how much of the "damage" did they try to reverse?
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X