• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wail link - paywall free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
    I think that this is a disgusting idea. Just because *some* people spend benefit money on booze and fags does not mean that all do. So, we're going to give a kicking to honest Jo who hasn't done anything wrong but finds himself out of work because someone else is feckless?

I don't see any difference between this and the suggestion that because *some* people cheat on their taxes, all monies should be paid directly to HMRC and HMRC will then decide who deserves to get what.

It is unpleasant, unfair and unjust.
    Perhaps that will provide the impetus for them to get a F**KING JOB!

Just saying, like...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Years ago, they used to issue milk tokens for parents with young children. The local corner shop happily exchanged them for fags. I'm sure that hasn't changed.
      WMSS needs a debit card.That makes it traceable and the recipient needs to be present.

As for Rasputin dude well many people make decisions about what they can afford and do without, however I frequently find that those without jobs afford to drink & smoke both considered a luxury and bad for your health. So why should tax payers who are avoiding drinking/smoking/heating because they can't afford it so some benefit dependent can smoke 40 a day?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Perhaps that will provide the impetus for them to get a F**KING JOB!

Just saying, like...
        Indeed. It comes down to humiliating the poor, and you can understand why some people would object to that. But on the other hand, perhaps being unable to support yourself in life deserves a little humiliation.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X