• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doodab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Problem with this series is the utter predictability of it.
    So the protagonist doesn't leave the UK after all?
    Who would have thunk it?
    "I mentioned Oracle once, but I think I got away with"
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So the lack of clear and concise and uncontradictory guidelines on how to successfully contract in Germany without falling foul of IR35 or the German tax authorities is my fault, lets all laugh at Suity?

The fact that I cannot afford to hire a team of legal experts to sort this out for me, and front the travel and accommodation expenses and all just for a 12 week gig, is my fault?

The fact that the eu project is so ****ed it is such a kluster**** to get through the myriad legal and financial bollux is my fault?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        So the lack of clear and concise and uncontradictory guidelines on how to successfully contract in Germany without falling foul of IR35 or the German tax authorities is my fault, lets all laugh at Suity?

The fact that I cannot afford to hire a team of legal experts to sort this out for me, and front the travel and accommodation expenses and all just for a 12 week gig, is my fault?

The fact that the eu project is so ****ed it is such a kluster**** to get through the myriad legal and financial bollux is my fault?

Yes because you're the first person to ever contract in Europe.
        FFS Why don't you get a job as a janitor or shelf stacker?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          FFS Why don't you get a job as a janitor or shelf stacker?
          What, and risk becoming YOUR Boss?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What you have to do is give the contract to the agent and tell them to sort it today or you're walking. They'll soon pull their finger out.

Comment

I suggest you have a chat with "AlreadyPacked", she's experienced in this kind of scenario.

Failing that, open a Euro account for your company. Use your cards to front your expenses and sort the crap out when you get back to the UK.

Comment

So the lack of clear and concise and uncontradictory guidelines on how to successfully contract in Germany without falling foul of IR35 or the German tax authorities is my fault
                You have used the forum search haven't you... AYSYCOTBEA?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ok I needed a quick excuse so went for half asleep. Blatant lie. The truth is I've been up since 6 reading and re-reading the IR35 bait that is my contract, and reading pages and pages of contradicting crap about taxation and freelancing in Germany.

Really close to not going as this is looking far too risky. Also fronting the cost of the flights, accommodation, Legal fees to straighten out this ******* contract mess and do the IR35 checks and now needing the services of a German account as well as my own accountant have nearly wiped out the first months fees.

EU, "union" , my arse.
                  Flouncing before the start of a contract? Is that a new record even for you!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You have used the forum search haven't you... AYSYCOTBEA?
                    Yes. Lots of contradictions and vagueries to send me spinning round in tiny circles

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Flouncing before the start of a contract? Is that a new record even for you!

I'm in business to make a profit. If the costs of taking on a contract outweigh any acceptable profit margin then fook that.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes. Lots of contradictions and vagueries to send me spinning round in tiny circles

I'm in business to make a profit. If the costs of taking on a contract outweigh any acceptable profit margin then fook that.
                      But you are also the main bread winner and a couple of months earning something is better than burning a bigger hole in your piggy bank

Comment

Working...
                      X