• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ruined contractor career, what now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IanIan View Post
          I have gaps on my CV and my skills are behind. Should I try for perm?
          "So, Ian, why did you apply for this job?"

"Well, I have gaps on my c.v. and my skills are behind. I was hoping someone would train me up - and pay me at the same time - so that I can bugger off back to the lucrative world of contracting."

"But a PC costs next to nothing these days, and most of the software is free or very low cost. Couldn't you have used a little initiative and done some basic research and development on your own?"

"I didn't think of that. Couldn't really be bothered, to be honest."

"Oh. ..Well, thank you for your time."
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Create a persona online and talk about how you are rich and successful, before claiming to retire.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              If you call the OP competition then you need to up your game
              Hey, I fight hard to be the most clueless person on this forum - I could do without some random nobody triumphantly throwing down 4 aces...especially when we were playing chess (man, I got one upped in cluelessness that day).
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

"So, Ian, why did you apply for this job?"
                Well I do get multiple agents calling everyday. Just never goes to interview. Oh I suppose I did have one last month.

Comment

Well I do get multiple agents calling everyday. Just never goes to interview.
                  Are there any agents you know well enough to ask for advice on how to sell your skills better?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Are there any agents you know well enough to ask for advice on how to sell your skills better?
                    Yeah I'll give him a go.

Comment

Yeah I'll give him a go.
                      Despite what most of us say about agents, it's worthwhile cultivating relations with a few agents you've worked with in the past, so they can keep you informed on the market and help you to sell your skills well; a good agent will be happy to help as if he can get you the right interviews it's a win-win. OK, there aren't many good agents, but the few good agents can be very valuable.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X