• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    You try competing with them - by living on 300 quid a month.
    Try using a realistic figure.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      “For as little as R20 000 one can buy an MBA degree certificate from India while, a graduate degree certificate will cost you only R5 000. A diploma in a computer course is in demand and, therefore, sells for about R10 000.00.”

Fake degrees set to hit SA soon | IT-Online
      We are not bad either here on that.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...ff/595/595.pdf
      Bogus colleges in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But just based on this news I will not claim all my colleagues have bogus degrees. Frauds are there every where.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        As much as that?

Need information on cost of living in UK

I am getting an offer from my company to go UK as Process development engg for a term of three years. I will get an accomodation and medical insurance.
        I will be getting around 300 GBP every month for my food and basic expenses. I don't have any idea of the expenses can you guys help me out please.
        That sounds like an expenses allowance to me.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          That sounds like an expenses allowance to me.
          Ah, hopefully. That would be more reasonable.

Comment

I do agree that some 'bob' threads make me a bit uncomfortable.

Personally I hate the game, not the player. Governments of both persuasions are scared of taking on big business and put company profits before it's citizens.

I think so many ICTs are given out to encourage trade with India but it never seems to benefit the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
              I do agree that some 'bob' threads make me a bit uncomfortable.

Personally I hate the game, not the player. Governments of both persuasions are scared of taking on big business and put company profits before it's citizens.

I think so many ICTs are given out to encourage trade with India but it never seems to benefit the UK.
              But if the game resulted in good systems at lower costs we'd understand it. It does seem that many outsourcing experiences are problematic, and these problems are at least in some part down to differences in working cultures. There's a huge amount of frustration from those who work with them every day. Throw in personal habits that some bobs have that are unusual (and unpleasant) in the UK and it's hardly surprising that these are commented on. Is it racist? I don't think so (although some of the comments do cross the line, and they're usually jumped upon).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                But if the game resulted in good systems at lower costs we'd understand it. It does seem that many outsourcing experiences are problematic, and these problems are at least in some part down to differences in working cultures. There's a huge amount of frustration from those who work with them every day. Throw in personal habits that some bobs have that are unusual (and unpleasant) in the UK and it's hardly surprising that these are commented on. Is it racist? I don't think so (although some of the comments do cross the line, and they're usually jumped upon).
                As I have said the system is massively flawed. ICTs were brought in under Thatcher to allow key personnel to come into the UK and start up. Nissan up in Sunderland being a good example of this.

It wasn't designed to, essentially, bring cheap labour into the country. As it stands we are training India's IT graduates and throwing ours on the scrap heap.

We should be petitioning our own government, not getting in cheap jibes against Indians, IMHO.

Comment

Actually, although I personally haven't seen any problems with Indians specifically, most are getting fed up with this racism crap. Try living in the real world and looking at a few realities.

Yes, it is quite true that, on many statistics, the legal Chinese and Indians are the only major groups that do perform better than the UK average and, if we have to have mass immigration and ignore all the downsides, those countries are better sources than many. However, as some have said above, maybe you need to take a look at what goes on in rural areas of India before telling us they are all supposed to be an asset and don't ignore the many illegal migrants that the legal ones help and support. Some 50% of Indians provided with a 3 year visa are still here after 6. Only Nigerians come higher.

Regardless of the merits of migrants, and I do not dispute that some of them are extremely able, should we not think of our own people first? Should not the less able in our society, if they make a reasonable effort commensurate with their ability, be entitled to share in the prosperity that our nation built up over centuries rather than being replaced by cheaper options from all over the world just to boost the profits of the bosses?
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 3 March 2013, 18:27.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    As I have said the system is massively flawed. ICTs were brought in under Thatcher to allow key personnel to come into the UK and start up. Nissan up in Sunderland being a good example of this.

It wasn't designed to, essentially, bring cheap labour into the country. As it stands we are training India's IT graduates and throwing ours on the scrap heap.

We should be petitioning our own government, not getting in cheap jibes against Indians, IMHO.
                    That is rather a big contradiction
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I agree with that. Despite all the furore over migrants from impoverished counties taking our jobs etc, they are actually only doing what any of us would do in the same circumstances. The fault lies squarely with our f* governments for not acting in the interest of those who vote and pay for them. Democracy is a f* joke!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X