• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop these racist rants in this forum ..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    That is rather a big contradiction
    Not really. The company can use it to bring in their own people. Just since then it has changed from dozens to thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      I do agree that some 'bob' threads make me a bit uncomfortable.

Personally I hate the game, not the player. Governments of both persuasions are scared of taking on big business and put company profits before it's citizens.

I think so many ICTs are given out to encourage trade with India but it never seems to benefit the UK.
      It is the job of a company to maximise it's profits you fool. If the banks had followed the plan, the world would be a better place.
      The government has a role to play, to make sure that the rules must be changed to benefit the country now and then, and to make sure that the big corps follow the plan, and not the short termist 'bonus now for me' stupidity
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        It is the job of a company to maximise it's profits you fool. If the banks had followed the plan, the world would be a better place.
        The government has a role to play, to make sure that the rules must be changed to benefit the country now and then, and to make sure that the big corps follow the plan, and not the short termist 'bonus now for me' stupidity
        I am perfectly aware that the purpose of business is to make money, thank you.

Comment

I am perfectly aware that the purpose of business is to make money, thank you.
          my invoice is in the post
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Yep, long long list of brilliant companies destroyed by offshoring in the long run. It makes me sad. To the tune of bollywood violin intermezzos.
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              Yep, long long list of brilliant companies destroyed by offshoring in the long run. It makes me sad. To the tune of bollywood violin intermezzos.
              aye. Globalization is great, but it wont do us any favours in the near future.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Not really. The company can use it to bring in their own people. Just since then it has changed from dozens to thousands.
                You still have missed the point. Go back and read what you have put.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  This one sounds a bit more fair.

Although possible that's a year? Surely not?
                  Stay away from East Anglia University though, I hear it is overrun with Chinese due to their insatiable search for Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Try using a realistic figure.
                    Don't split hairs. Your argument was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                      I know a forum like this might really reflect the society, but its shame that such a high dose of racism & racist comments are tolerated in Contractor UK forum recently. There might be individuals behaving differently, but why just based on one individual’s behaviour people from entire country/race being painted in one way or the other..?. Why can’t it be treated as individual behaviour.?

I have to share my very recent experience with co-workers here. In my last project I had chance to work with an Aussie guy, decent block, experienced guy – but only problem is he stinks very bad. If he is anywhere near - your nose will detect him before your eyes !. But I never thought all Aussies are like him. Also I was sitting next to a local lad - good friendly guy only problem is he sweats a lot & smells very bad. I never thought that’s general UK feature either!.

In my current role I work with an experienced older Manager, very friendly guy, but only problem is if he is any where near stinks very badly. Today I had to leave a meeting with him early, just to get fresh air.! But I do work with couple of other friendly locals as well who do not have these issues & suffering from him like me!. So I will never paint all locals in the same way.

So my advice is STOP this racist rants & treat your experience as behaviour of individuals. I am amazed how badly IT guys from India ("Bobs") are painted here. If they are so bad why they are recruited more & more here. I am sure many of us here were in leadership roles making decisions on recruitment. I know many of us (contractors) lost jobs due to them & anger towards them are reasonable in that way. But the way it’s expressed in this forum recently is really shocking. To be honest you can have technically strong bright Indian IT professionals and not so bright guys from the same IT outsourcer in the same project – Same way you get local IT professionals of varying capability.

For your reference I just copied some recent headers from this forum. It’s a real shame to have these racist rants are allowed in this so called professional forum.! Watching this forum in last 6+ years I can see some general pattern from some individuals in similar language.

Bobs Photochromism ( By SimonMac)
                      Bobs photocopying ( By SimonMac)
                      Bobs and flogging them ( By SimonMac)

Bob dress sense (By Ken Dodd)
                      Bobs photosynthesizing (By Mich the Tester)
                      Bobs and hocking flem (By BoredBloke)
                      Bobs and hacking them (by AJ1982)

So please don’t paint people from entire country on basis on your experience in one or two individuals & STOP these racist rants in this 'professional' forum. Thanks.
                      I started the thread about bobs hocking flem and I don't see it as being racist. Its a simple fact that in the 2 places I have worked with a lot of onsite bobs, drawing up chunks of snot and gobbing them into the sinks is a common theme. As for the smelling - I never once said that all bobs stink, just that the 2 who sit either side of me do stink a lot. So much so I now have an air freshener on my desk, something I have never had to do in 20 odd years of contracting.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X