• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do companies in this country not give a tulipe about service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Whenever I walk into M&S I realise what crap service is. No one to ask where the gloves are..and where have men's shoes moved to this week. The staff are far to busy complaining about something or other to their colleague. I'm usually told something like "oh try over there love".

I'm used having a free phone number to ring for customer queries...here in the UK we have 0870 at 7p/min. So the company is making money from me complaining to them! Heck if I was in their shoes I'd f**k up everything and wait for the calls to come in. Make everyone wait in the queue 10 minutes then take 10 minutes to listen to their complaints and then fob them off. Cha-ching!

I can't even take my telephone provider to the Obudsman anymore because they are refusing to pay the subscription fees to the Ombudsman Service. Okay, so basically that is a licence to screw customers with zero consequences. Complain to Ofcom, I'm told to complain to customer services again, or take it to the Ombudsman. Good grief.

Its no wonder Brits have become sheep. The system screws you around til to you just get plain fed up and either move or die.
    Welcome to the United Kuntdom.

Vote with your feet. Leave the country, go and camp out at st pauls, or carry on regardless.

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Vote with your feet. Leave the country, go and camp out at st pauls, or carry on regardless.
      Baaaaaaa
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

<deleted>
        Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:48.
        Bwana

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I agree, please leave. You'll be happier and so will those staying behind
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I agree, please leave. You'll be happier and so will those staying behind
            You mean you're not happy now?

but, since you insist.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
              I do agree with the general theme of this thread, which is that a lot of companies don't deliver good customer service in the UK nowadays. I think that comes down to the ever-more-blatant push for higher profits and endless "growth year-on-year".

However, here are two real examples of excellent customer service in Bwana's life...

1) Whenever I've used Virgin Money savings/investement products, I've always been impressed with their customer service. The people in their call centres have always been able to answer my queries and the documentation I've received from them through the post has always been informative and clear.

2) My mum went into hospital recently (NHS) for an operation. When she came home she spoke highly of all of the doctors, surgeons, anesthetists, nurses etc and was generally very happy with the way they looked after her. I found this very reassuring. The NHS staff are doing a fantastic job in difficult circumstances.
              Bloody hell bwana - NHS !!!!!!! They are the worst of the whole sorry bunch!

On a positive note, I can say, at the moment, the only truly excellent service I recieve at the moment is from my accountant, Nixon Williams.....

NW - Please send cash in envelope to my home address :-)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

My SKY dish got knocked out by a gust of wind a few weeks ago so had to give them my mobile number for the engineer.

So after a load of text messages telling me to sign up to sky anytime ( I am already using it ) I call yesterday to tell them to remove the number from the account.

So this morning I have had 4 texts asking me to rate their customer service.

I mean FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
                  I do agree with the general theme of this thread, which is that a lot of companies don't deliver good customer service in the UK nowadays. I think that comes down to the ever-more-blatant push for higher profits and endless "growth year-on-year".

However, here are two real examples of excellent customer service in Bwana's life...

1) Whenever I've used Virgin Money savings/investement products, I've always been impressed with their customer service. The people in their call centres have always been able to answer my queries and the documentation I've received from them through the post has always been informative and clear.

2) My mum went into hospital recently (NHS) for an operation. When she came home she spoke highly of all of the doctors, surgeons, anesthetists, nurses etc and was generally very happy with the way they looked after her. I found this very reassuring. The NHS staff are doing a fantastic job in difficult circumstances.
                  Good point - we are all to eager to slag companies off. but sometimes yuo find a gem. I recently leased a car from a company probably small sized as I thikn they have about 3 or 4 sales staff. I foudn their approach to business a refreshing change. They out virigined viroin for ease of the lingo, and their "Casual" treating you as a fellow human being style. Even got into a chat about volunteering in Africa with one of the sales guys who was an ex sqauddie (Probably an officer as he didn't sound rough).

Likewise - NHS I've seen the good and bad. Dad got diagnosed with bowel Cancer. 1 week later he was coming out of theatre as it hasn't been back. 1st son - midwives were ace. However try and get an appointment with a GP is flipping useless - you hve a choice of "maybe today if its an emergency, or wait two weeks!".

Poor customer service is around and I don't mind complaining. Recently wrote to head office for a newly opened buffet resauarant chain. Food was ace, but the drink service was non painful. Managed to get 2 drink in 2 hours. Ok it was new and maybe they were understaffed, but I felt the management needed to know what the customer experience is like or it won't improve and I want to go back ... they have the best pudding buffet I've ever seen. In fact next time I'll skip the savouries and head stright to the pankcake bar, ice cream bar, the pick and mix and the "hot puddings carvery". LOL.
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

I had a sports massage on Saturday, she threw in a happy ending. That is true customer service
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                      They out virigined viroin for ease of the lingo

Easy for you to say

Comment

Working...
                      X