• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am an atheist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Manipulated to ensure the survival of the status quo!

Why else would you prevent your populace from learning to read?
    Ironic then that faith schools are now perceived to offer a better standard of education.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Ironic then that faith schools are now perceived to offer a better standard of education.
      Some faith schools are perceived by some to offer a better standard of education in some aspects than some non faith schools. Even a stopped (analogue) clock is right twice a day.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Only two kinds of people in the world when it comes to religion, delusional and rational.
        I'm not sure that describing atheists as delusional is accurate. I'd say they just haven't thought things through properly.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think you'll find that the key to educating kids is maintaining discipline within schools.

You'll probably also find that those who are devout also take more of an interest in their family and thus encourage their offspring not to fuq about at school.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I think you'll find that the key to educating kids is maintaining discipline within schools.

You'll probably also find that those who are devout also take more of an interest in their family and thus encourage their offspring not to fuq about at school.
            Agree with this, and they tend to be part of the community and being a good person all round as per the bibles teachings, filters down to the kids who do better at school. It's not really that they are funded any better etc....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm not sure that describing atheists as delusional is accurate. I'd say they just haven't thought things through properly.
              Could you point of the bit I have not thought through properly?

Or could you pray to a god and find out what number I am thinking of?
              Or explain why a good and just God orders such horrific things in the OT?
              Or why it is fair that a finite sin gains you an infinite punishement?
              Or explain why there is so much bad science in the bible?
              Or explain why the bible is so contradictory when it is being guided by a god?
              Or explain why one religion is any better than the millions which it's followers discount out of hand?

Comment

faith schools are now perceived to offer a better standard of education.
                In many cases faith schools do indeed offer a better education than non faith ones in the same area and there there are numerous statistics to back this up as many parents know.

Why would this be? I mean, what interest would the church/mosque/temple have in running a school so they could attract and educate highly impressionable young people. Oh, wait a second......

The faith schools are heavily subsidised in order to attract people to them and indoctrinate the next generation into their beliefs. It's a straight forward commercial decision. Have a look around your local area, if there's a good faith school there then you will find lots of young married couples attending the religious services - what parent doesn't want to get their kids a good education.

I know couples who are openly atheist yet they still go to church and send their children to faith schools.
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

If I was in a building, and knew there was a bomb that could go off at any time, I'd do my utmost to get everyone out. If people laughed at me, I'd still persist. If there were people I didn't like there, I'd still be shoving them towards the door.

So, if you really believe that we will all go to hell if we don't convert to Christianity, why on earth aren't you spending every waking minute fretting about it and trying to convert us? I get the impression there's more a smug "We'll see who's right" attitude. You can't lose - if you're right you're in heaven, where there is no suffering so you apparently won't care that people you loved who didn't believe haven't made it, if you're wrong then you're no worse off than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    If I was in a building, and knew there was a bomb that could go off at any time, I'd do my utmost to get everyone out. If people laughed at me, I'd still persist. If there were people I didn't like there, I'd still be shoving them towards the door.

So, if you really believe that we will all go to hell if we don't convert to Christianity, why on earth aren't you spending every waking minute fretting about it and trying to convert us? I get the impression there's more a smug "We'll see who's right" attitude. You can't lose - if you're right you're in heaven, where there is no suffering so you apparently won't care that people you loved who didn't believe haven't made it, if you're wrong then you're no worse off than anyone else.
                    Technically they will be worse of than many if they were born in a Christian culture and the real God is one that hates Christians and punishes them for it!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      In the future people will look back at believers the way we look at ancestor worhsipping cavemen.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X