• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

economic doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I was actually being sarcastic. Losing a credit rating that means sod all is only news because people want to make it news.
    I know. UK has been on downgrade watch for ages, so the recent demise of the pound is mostly priced in already.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      It says feck all that hasn't been said by blokes down the pub for decades. I'm glad he's fecked off to Chile.
      Yes good rant by a pub bore. Bet he's got no mates in Chile either.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

FTSE up 1.36%, looks like the markets either don't care, or realise that the ratings agencies are no longer relevant.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          FTSE up 1.36%, looks like the markets either don't care, or realise that the ratings agencies are no longer relevant.
          No, markets know that most of the FTSE 100 income is not in Sterling, so profits in Sterling will rise.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            and with the markets fully open the market reaction is in:-

Cable dropped a total of 1c (an indifferent NFP slightly different to expectations will change it more than that).
            FTSE up +35.84 (+0.57%)

So well done AussieFool. The markets reaction is one of Meh.
            I'm long AUDGBP. I'm making money off the pound every day, while you enjoy devalueing savings. Sorry about your "les organes génitaux de bébé", but don't take it out on me MrAngry

Comment

Australia still has its AAA rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                That's because the British government had to spend gazillions of pounds rescuing banks that had poured money into stuff that Moody's had stamped 'AAA'.
                WMTTS

Who is inclined to believe these idiots
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Australia still has its AAA rating.
                  If only....
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

trust the BBC to put a negative spin on the Aussie success. good luck to them they need something to counter their failings at sport
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

organisations that were responsible for making sure that nations were credit worthy and missed every nations credit card was maxed out and their house over valued.

yeah totally relevant.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X