• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

economic doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Dept. of Justice will be successful in suing S&P
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      and with the markets fully open the market reaction is in:-

Cable dropped a total of 1c (an indifferent NFP slightly different to expectations will change it more than that).
      FTSE up +35.84 (+0.57%)

So well done AussieFool. The markets reaction is one of Meh.
      There was a degree of "meh" on this - perhaps more so than I was anticipating - but it's not too surprising (for example, any near-term re-balancing in Cable that hadn't already been priced in appeared to happen late on Friday). I'd be watching Sterling in the coming weeks though and wouldn't be surprised to see Cable testing 1.5 and eventually falling lower. This is just one of a string of factors weighing on Sterling at present. Like others mentioned, the FTSE comprises global companies, so absolutely no surprises that the FTSE said meh. Also, flows there and in currencies are still largely being fueled by central banks, not the ratings agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes good rant by a pub bore. Bet he's got no mates in Chile either.

Life's a struggle wherever you are, and I'd rather not have people like that in the trenches with me.

BTW Speaking of Anglophobes, whatever happened to scooterscot? I imagine him tucked away somewhere in Germany, gazing wistfully at a picture of his old Britain In Europe heroes.

Comment

Working...
        X