• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The NHS - time for a radical shake-up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The wife's surgery are thinking about moving to a triage phone service, so if you call up you get a doctor on the phone who gives you a 1 minute consultation, then you get told who you are getting to see ( if anyone ) and how fast you can see them.

Sounds like a good idea but would probably end in disaster once the locals start abusing the system.
    Ours does that - if you say you need an emergency appointment a nurse calls you back. Much better than feeling obliged to tell the receptionist your intimate medical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Most of my assets are in property so I am indeed tied to the UK economy.
      Bu wasn't it you in another thread that said there had been worse doom periods before?
      So why is this the end of the world?
      If you look at the data this is minor doom historically.
      That's because the Doom is only just unfolding.

QE has kicked the can down the road, but once the currency slides and we import massive inflation then the fun really starts...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        That's because the Doom is only just unfolding.

QE has kicked the can down the road, but once the currency slides and we import massive inflation then the fun really starts...
        I don't think so. Rather have inflation, which is after all a devil we know from the 70s (and which also works as an angel devaluing debt) than the real doom (hunger, no medicines, massive suicide rates, GDP shrinking by 25% etc etc) that the Germans are imposing on the PIIGs.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

That;s the line the big three always come up with. Not voting for us is a wasted vote.
          Just because they say it doesn't mean it's not true!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I don't think so. Rather have inflation, which is after all a devil we know from the 70s (and which also works as an angel devaluing debt) than the real doom (hunger, no medicines, massive suicide rates, GDP shrinking by 25% etc etc) that the Germans are imposing on the PIIGs.
            The govt will face a choice, a crushed currency which means imported energy, medicine, food, clothes etc will be unaffordable to the majority here, or ramp interest rates and destroy the banks balance sheets and watch house prices tumble.

So it's the first one then.

Comment

The govt will face a choice, a crushed currency which means imported energy, medicine, food, clothes etc will be unaffordable to the majority here, or ramp interest rates and destroy the banks balance sheets and watch house prices tumble.

So it's the first one then.
              Britain can make medicines, food and clothes in a pinch. Energy is a problem, true.
              But really a "crushed" currency means british exports are cheap to others and imports are expensive to us, so should lower the trade deficit, which is a good outcome.
              And if the only thing is that people have to forgo their 42 inch plasma becaue its too expensive that's a good thing.
              When I see chavs that are thin rather than fat, that's when I'll believe that food's "unaffordable" in this country.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
              X