• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dial 111

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In literally two seconds of searching I found this 24-hour emergency dentist in SW15, about a mile from Wandsworth where you live.
    Black and Decker, Black and Decker, Black and Decker, Black and Decker.

Comment

In literally two seconds of searching I found this 24-hour emergency dentist in SW15, about a mile from Wandsworth where you live.
      He doesn't live there anymore - due to this
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Those guys are indeed excellent. I used them once during the Christmas period a few years ago.
        But DKUATB, I'm now in deepest, darkest Surrey.
        Finding a dentist wasn't the problem, its the fact that I got mugged enough to dial 111.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          He doesn't live there anymore - due to this
          Fark orf, you silly little man.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Couldn't you just take your dentures out?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Developed an excruciating toothache last night. Called local dentists just now for appt. - we don't do emergencies they say, call 111. Never heard of that but do so.
              Get some NHS bloke who asks me if I've overdosed on painkillers. No I say, took some but followed the instructions. Can you talk he says? I'm talking to you aren't I, i say. Can you walk? yes I can [fooking I think] walk (voice rising). What symptoms have you got. A [foookinnggg] excruciating pain in my jaw. What other symptoms? None, FFS. have you had anything like this before? FFS FFS FFS FFS goes through my mind. What is you marital status? AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!
              Finaly he says, about 15 minutes later, "From the information you have given me, I think you need to see a dentist in the next 24 hours". No farking tulip Sherlock you dim-witted waste of fooking space, piece of thick script-following tulip, you make a Bob call centre operative sound like farking Einstein.
              Your local dentist is xxxxxx, he says giving me the number of the dentist who had asked me to call 111 in the first place. AARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The NHS. Dismantling it won't come too soon. mad
              I love it when crap like that happens to a complete tosser.

Does that make me a bad man?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                I love it when crap like that happens to a complete tosser.

Does that make me a bad man?
                Nah makes you a bad judge of character.

HTH, BIDI.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Not my dentist. When we moved here last year didn't bother registering.
                  That's not the fault of the NHS.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You guys are such a disappointment. I was hoping for more funny 111 stories.

Last time I called them was a few years ago, on behalf of my friend who was suffering from spontaneous hearing loss.
                    The number of times the dimwit on the phone asked me whether she could speak to my friend was just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                      111 is just a waste of money.

They read a script and at the end.
                      1) Dial 999 or
                      2) Go and see your GP / Dentist asap or
                      3) Go and see your GP / Dentist at some point or
                      4) It will cure itself

Google does it quicker!
                      Wrong. When we used it they told us to contact our hospital for an emergency dental appointment - never even knew hospitals kept a dentist on standby - on a Sunday which got things sorted out.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X