• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would You Skill Up For One Specific Gig?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Done
    Thanks

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alias again.
    And again please
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As a tester there have been a few times when I've had to skill up on one specific tool or methodology to change jobs, so I don't see why not. Whilst I've been here I've been learning specific skills in my spare time ready for when I return to the UK and I've targeted specific skills that will more or less ensure I get something quite quickly.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

I once blagged my way into an 18 month Java contract at a big investment bank after a 5 day Java course. That was the sum total of my Java experience. Luckily the technical test was rubbish.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

complement
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I certainly would if I was interested in the niche skill.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              complement
              FTFY

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                I certainly would if I was interested in the niche skill.
                It so niche I have never seen another job advert that ask's for it, other than the one with Auntie.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  It so niche I have never seen another job advert that ask's for it, other than the one with Auntie.
                  make sure its not a typo or HR special before working on learning it.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Well there aren;t that many pre-op transexual coders out there, but if you're willing to walk the walk I'm fairly certain they'll take you.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Well there aren;t that many pre-op transexual coders out there, but if you're willing to walk the walk I'm fairly certain they'll take you.
                      I know a couple actually although one moved into Project Management a while back.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X