• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the point of a dog?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You put food in one end and poop comes out the other end. This is unpleasant for pedestrians and a health hazard. It costs you money.

WTF is the point?

Are you dog owners so sad that you need these dim witted creatures to look up to you and love you?

Ah but it teaches little Jimmy about responsibility by caring for an animal blah blah pathetic.

IME people who 'love dogs' really have something mentally wrong with them. Like, hey, look at my trophy dog, it shows the world how great I am, and also that I can't make relationships with people and I'm really insecure.

Anyone care to comment?

P.S. exceptions made for guide dogs, sniffer dogs, sheep dogs and all other useful working dogs.
    You trod in some dog tulip didn't you?

Comment

We have a Shih Tzu. It has no point except for the fact that it's something to trip over when three-sheets-to-the-wind.

My little lad explained to a little old lady that his dog is a Shih Tzu. "She called that coz she sh1t5 everywhere" he said.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        My little lad explained to a little old lady that his dog is a Shih Tzu. "She called that coz she sh1t5 everywhere" he said.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Some bint remotely connected to wifey through work colleagues topped herself last week (depression)

Question was gently broached last night could we 'adopt' her Chihuahua

a fookin Chihuahua! wtf are they good for?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Some bint remotely connected to wifey through work colleagues topped herself last week (depression)

Depression.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dude I'm so sorry to hear this.

Chihuahuas are horrible.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

We've had a whole range of pets, a couple of cats, hamsters, rabbits, a tortoise and a dog.

The dog wins with the cats a close second. Rabbits are utterly rubbish unless skinned and roasted.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  But surely an actual burglar alarm would be much cheaper.
                  Probably, but less effective.

When a would-be burglar pried open a window at centurian manor last year, they clearly were not the less bit perturbed by the highly visible alarm bell.

Yet after successfully getting the window open, they appeared to have a complete change of heart - and never followed through on their pilfering for some unknown reason

Centurian hound was duly rewarded with a big bone, which lasts all of about 30 minutes in his jaws.

Comment

If you want a dog which is baby-like then adopt it.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                      The current Mr SocialWorker was a dog person and had Labs and flat coated retrievers most of his life, won gundog competitions etc. When he came to live with me and my cat, he was amazed what a complex, intelligent and affectionate critter a cat can be. It is quite possible to like both cats and dogs, it just takes the nouse to realise that they are just different.
                      You own a dog. Cats own you.

And yes, we have both.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X