• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to the price of Tuna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Were the spelling mistakes deliberate?

Personally I prefer Heinz baked beans and Guinness rather than those "own brand" sound-alikes you mention.
    I don't do the shopping, and I expect the black stuff served in a glass for me.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Try poundland?

one day at a time

Comment

Farmfoods are doing 3 * 4 packs for a tenner.

Just wanted you all to know.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Fishy thread resurrection

And Farmfoods. Psychocandy and the other jobless, warchestly fools will be along in a minute to take pity on you.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            There's no Waitrose near me although I do make the trip there at least once a month. I have little choice in my area, Tesco is the nearest but I hate the place and there's a Morrison's reasonably close but I can't go there without hitting the cafe for a sausage, egg, beans & chips which is excellent when I feel the urge for stodge.

Morrison's butcher is pretty decent but I tend to use the local village butchers who can provide me with exactly what I want with cuts of meat that I specify, I can phone ahead and it's waiting for me when I get there. Eggs from a local farm and best of all veg from Lidl which is superior to supermarket offerings. I don't care about price I care about quality and service and surprisingly Lidl and Aldi can easily offer quality products, being cheapr is just a bonus.

I don't do processed foods anyway I actually like to cook.

Shopping snobs? Get real and support your local businesses.
            Lidl does have good veg, also their nurnberger sausages are fairly decent. And quite a lot of the cold cuts.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well 2 big frozen tuna steaks are only 3 quid. Had it last night and was delicious.

If there is such a premium for the same stuff in cans I have a new business idea.

Lets just buy frozen tuna in bulk, cook it, stick it in cans, and hey ho its value has magically gone up massively.

Anyone want to join in this innovative business idea?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                Well 2 big frozen tuna steaks are only 3 quid. Had it last night and was delicious.

If there is such a premium for the same stuff in cans I have a new business idea.

Lets just buy frozen tuna in bulk, cook it, stick it in cans, and hey ho its value has magically gone up massively.

Anyone want to join in this innovative business idea?

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

What is this "Farmfoods" of which you speak?

I've not seen any near me - then again there is no Iceland local to me either though there are Lidls and Waitroses. Oddly every place there is a Waitrose there is a Lidl.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Oddly every place there is a Waitrose there is a Lidl.
                    What has that got to do with the price of fish?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      What has that got to do with the price of fish?
                      They both sell tuna.

You can get posh tuna or German sourced tuna. I don't know what the difference in taste is.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X