• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to the price of Tuna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do contractors actually go to such places as Tesco and Asda?

If I seen the wife coming up the drive with bags from one of the above I would put the snib on the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Have I stumbled on a homeless chav forum by accident ?

Contractors should be buying Porpoise & Swan, not bloody Tuna, unless you're leaving it in the larder for the servants to eat,
      He has a new house and a dwindling war chest so Tuna and Sweetcorn baked potatoes it is for the forseeable future.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        He has a new house and a dwindling war chest so Tuna and Sweetcorn baked potatoes it is for the forseeable future.
        Oh f off you rich t**t

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          If you have been to the Sainsbury's in Cheadle (with John Lewis) then I doubt you will find a nicer place to shop....
          I have been there, but as I say down by the dome during the week it's a bit of a treck to get to a good Sainsbury. I'll stick with the rubbish one down here
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Do contractors actually go to such places as Tesco and Asda?

If I seen the wife coming up the drive with bags from one of the above I would put the snib on the lock.
            You prefer the Waitrose Heinze baked beans and Marks & Spencers Guiness then?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Waitrose own brand bavarian weissbier is excellent, and they do a dunkel as well.

I can't comment on their findus lasagne i'd expect their own brand one is nicer.
              Last edited by doodab; 13 February 2013, 17:17.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                So I went shopping at Sainsbury's yesterday - contrary to common belief, they are one of the cheapest - their brand match and quality is the best IMO.

I went to buy some canned tuna (which I have not done for a long while) and I was in complete shock - between £7 and £8 for a multi-pack of 4! It was not so long ago that you could get the same for about £1.
                I think a lot more tuna is now being exported to China, and there are over 1,000,000,000 of them compared with one of you.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I think a lot more tuna is now being exported to China, and there are over 1,000,000,000 of them compared with one of you.
                  Sounds like a fair swap.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Were the spelling mistakes deliberate?

Personally I prefer Heinz baked beans and Guinness rather than those "own brand" sound-alikes you mention.

Comment

There's no Waitrose near me although I do make the trip there at least once a month. I have little choice in my area, Tesco is the nearest but I hate the place and there's a Morrison's reasonably close but I can't go there without hitting the cafe for a sausage, egg, beans & chips which is excellent when I feel the urge for stodge.

Morrison's butcher is pretty decent but I tend to use the local village butchers who can provide me with exactly what I want with cuts of meat that I specify, I can phone ahead and it's waiting for me when I get there. Eggs from a local farm and best of all veg from Lidl which is superior to supermarket offerings. I don't care about price I care about quality and service and surprisingly Lidl and Aldi can easily offer quality products, being cheapr is just a bonus.

I don't do processed foods anyway I actually like to cook.

Shopping snobs? Get real and support your local businesses.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X