• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well are you a suity sockie or just a random newb?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      well are you a suity sockie or just a random newb?
      Neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryten View Post
        Couple of things that I have found in my experience :

1) going back never works. Never go back. I got called back to my last gig (having been project hero) and have just ****ed it right off. Working for a different manager mind, total and utter cockknobber. Onwards and upwards.

2) contracting through more than intermediary is a royal pain and very stressful.

Frankly this sounds tulipty Norrahe.

Well you did ask.

Good luck with finding a more perfect role in cloggers.
        What Suity said, never go back and especially for that amount of grief getting paid, nothing will have changed same tulip different day

Comment

Neither.
          well you seem pretty random to me

and at 67 posts you are a newb!

but anyway have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            What Suity said, never go back and especially for that amount of grief getting paid, nothing will have changed same tulip different day
            It depends, if it is a different department then fine.

I would only do it for a few months while looking for summat else and keep the NorrCorp coffers topped up.

I'll probably ping an e-mail to one of the directors I know and find out more about it.

I'd certainly make sure that the pimp would pay me irrespective of whether they got paid or not.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Believe what you want. Ffs I've had it really. Suity, kryten, just another forum poster. It's not important. Why are you so obsessed with Suity?

And why do I get tulipty pms from certain posters ordering me to go back to posting as Suity? (Not that this is an admission in any kind of way, just saying)

Seriously, why?
              Since you ask, It's because it's almost impossible to imagine Kryten in diapers...hth

Comment

Believe what you want. Ffs I've had it really. Suity, kryten, just another forum poster. It's not important. Why are you so obsessed with Suity?

And why do I get tulipty pms from certain posters ordering me to go back to posting as Suity? (Not that this is an admission in any kind of way, just saying)

Seriously, why?
                Cos everyone loves suity!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Cos everyone loves suity!

Comment

Unless you routinely F up your contracts, I would ignore SY01's advice.

If you can get a notice clause and are not forced into renting accommodation for a long term, why not - especially if you're currently benched?

As for payment, can't the agency be leaned on somewhat as they are doing F all to win the work? If not, doesn't seem a big problem as long as you trust you will GET paid.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Unless you routinely F up your contracts, I would ignore SY01's advice.

If you can get a notice clause and are not forced into renting accommodation for a long term, why not - especially if you're currently benched?

As for payment, can't the agency be leaned on somewhat as they are doing F all to win the work? If not, doesn't seem a big problem as long as you trust you will GET paid.
                      Ha, so you do agree!

Comment

Working...
                      X