• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house in/around London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we were looking (briefly) at moving to London, people living there (including on CUK) advised us not to base it on the tube alone; you can get into the centre far faster from further out by train. A friend in Wimbledon reckoned the train was WAY better than the tube.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      When we were looking (briefly) at moving to London, people living there (including on CUK) advised us not to base it on the tube alone; you can get into the centre far faster from further out by train. A friend in Wimbledon reckoned the train was WAY better than the tube.
      That's only because they have the district line out to Wimbledon ... very slow Trains are not that frequent especially so at the weekend.

I would always pick a location in London to live that has at least two public transport routes to/from central. I have the overground, jubilee line, DLR and river to choose from when getting around town from where I live in London (SE16).

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
        That's only because they have the district line out to Wimbledon ... very slow Trains are not that frequent especially so at the weekend.

I would always pick a location in London to live that has at least two public transport routes to/from central. I have the overground, jubilee line, DLR and river to choose from when getting around town from where I live in London (SE16).
        and yesterday both the district line and overground via wimbledon were down

replacement bus service anyone

Comment

To the OP: look for properties that will be on the East London line tube extension.
          I was looking at Forest Hill last year for a BTL, in the event I decided on a more established area and one I was familar with. But I liked the cut of its jib.
          You won't get a house for your budget though, something like this:

2 bedroom maisonette for sale in Colfe Road, Forest Hill, SE23, SE23
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            To the OP: look for properties that will be on the East London line tube extension.
            I was looking at Forest Hill last year for a BTL, in the event I decided on a more established area and one I was familar with. But I liked the cut of its jib.
            You won't get a house for your budget though, something like this:

2 bedroom maisonette for sale in Colfe Road, Forest Hill, SE23, SE23
            Wow, that's smaller than my Kids' playhouse.

Comment

Working...
            X