• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chris Huhne - will he do time ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    He is worse than Archer. He committed perjury as well as everything else, something that Archer did not do

So now we have a by election to look forward to. any one for UKIP?

Not sure what you mean, EO; Archer was convicted of perjury and perverting the cause of justice. He was sentenced to four years (although he was out sooner than that).

Comment

And now the text messages between him and his son, which were going to be read out in court, are all over the Press instead:

CH: Peter, just to say, I'm thinking of you and I love you very much. It would be great to talk to you, Dad.
      PH: **** off

CH: Happy Christmas. Love you, Dad.
      PH: Well I hate you, so **** off.

CH: Actually Peter, I’ve got no intention of sending mum to Holloway for three months.
      PH: Are you going to accept you’re responsible, or do I have to contact the police myself and tell them what you told me?

etc.

Chris Huhne: Text messages with son reveal breakdown of relationship - Telegraph

Comment

Just goes to show how trustworthy he was as an MP. He was caught red handed and continued to lie even at the expense of his family until he was told the evidence was there.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          He is worse than Archer. He committed perjury as well as everything else, something that Archer did not do
          Actually, Archer was imprisoned for committing perjury.

And perverting the course of justice.

That's A-level dishonesty.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I think misleading is more accurate
            It doesn't sound as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Actually, Archer was imprisoned for committing perjury.

And perverting the course of justice.

That's A-level dishonesty.
              I agree but don't want to be accused of trolling so I'll not labour the point.

Still < 100 posts so very much still on probation.

Comment

Yeah, not much point in trying to see whether one politician is slightly less corrupt or lies a little less than another, regardless of tribe.

It's like pointing a pointy stick into a cesspit and trying to determine which putrid turd is less foul than the other.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Yeah, not much point in trying to see whether one politician is slightly less corrupt or lies a little less than another, regardless of tribe.

It's like pointing a pointy stick into a cesspit and trying to determine which putrid turd is less foul than the other.
                  Charmingly put
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                    Not sure what you mean, EO; Archer was convicted of perjury and perverting the cause of justice. He was sentenced to four years (although he was out sooner than that).
                    what I meant was that with Archer , he claimed to have damning evidence, which he did not. The N.O.T.W. then withdrew , and Archers 'evidence' was never presented to the court.

I did check though. and he was convicted of perjury. maybe i am confusing myself
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It was only 3 points on the license, everyone does it. It doesn't mean he's a compulsive liar or anything

Anyway, Huhne knew that only 1% of criminals get caught, he was as safe as houses....

Comment

Working...
                      X