• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL Mortgages 2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Scary to think someone who can't understand a loan is supposedly involved in complicated statistical analysis.

"There's only a 1 in 10 million chance this burger could be more than 1% horse. Or is that 1 in 10, all those zeroes are pretty confusing..."
    I understand why the financial industry call it a "product". It's so that useful idiots like you can feel all warm and fuzzy thinking you've bought a "product", rather a debt.
    So I repeat: what has been produced when you borrow money from the bank, apart from another debtor?
    People like you will always be deservedly poor.

[Edit] That's what I mean about the UK. We call loans "products", in Germany products are Mercs, BMWs, Mieles and machine tools they sell for cash to make them rich.
    Last edited by sasguru; 8 February 2013, 13:58.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

BTL Mortgages 2013

What about an insurance product?
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
        What about an insurance product?
        What has been produced when you buy insurance? Maybe security and cash flow for the insurance company. Still think "product" is the wrong word to use in a financial instrument context.
        It sort of suggests that the financial and manufacturing industry are roughly the same in that they "produce" things and as we have seen in the last 5 years that's not the case.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

In fact I think the banking industry sold a multi-billion/trillion "bailout product" to the government.

Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            In fact I think the banking industry sold a multi-billion/trillion "bailout product" to the government.

And your missus is paying for it with 50% income tax and 10% national insurance, whilst you sit on yer arse and talk bollux.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              And your missus is paying for it with 50% income tax and 10% national insurance, whilst you sit on yer arse and talk bollux.

I compensate for that with my Ltd.
              And after all I did very well out of the Labour housing boom, so I don't really care about the bankers bailout
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                [Edit] That's what I mean about the UK. We call loans "products", in Germany products are Mercs, BMWs, Mieles and machine tools they sell for cash to make them rich.
                You don't think they have mortgages and loans in Germany?

Why don't you stop selling your services, since service industry is so silly, and grub around growing potatoes in your garden?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You don't think they have mortgages and loans in Germany?

Why don't you stop selling your services, since service industry is so silly, and grub around growing potatoes in your garden?
                  I'm reasonably sure they're not called or thought of as "products" in Germany.
                  And that's probably why relatively so few people have mortages and loans in Germany.

Where did I say the service indystry was silly?
                  You must get tired of the whooshing noise that constantly erupts around your dense noggin.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Handbags away please gents, its sad.

Martin can I have a BTL product in green with go faster stripes please.

In Commerce Its a service, products are tangible and manufactured.
                    Finance tries to give the illusion of creating something real so no one realises its a pack of cards and a Hurricane is coming.

Plus of course you can 'package a product' whereas you have to create and supply a service.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Of course a loan is a product. It's surely not a service. I can buy a loan, and sell it to someone, and make a profit in doing so. It's an entity not an ongoing service.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X