• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so it begins....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What should be the criteria on which I sift the applications?)
    I got the job of CV shifting once while working for a big consultancy, basic criteira was anyone with an MBA, or anyone who might be potentially cleverer than you went in the bin.

Comment

Re: And so it begins....

Is this in the uk or USA. Here the disability and new equal ops acts will catch you out. For memory the american equivalents are worse.

Basically give here the job and start a web / email based system
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Boasting about the flipant nature with which one is filtering applications on a public forum. How do you think that will go down in a tribunal, should one of the rejected candidates find out and decides to pursue a case for discrimination. "It's just banter" won't wash with a judge.

Either this is a wind-up, or MF is thicker than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          Should I assume that any candidate telling me they have 3 levels of certification in Sign Language is probably deaf? Not that I can discriminate, but the person does actually need to use a telephone.
          Probably not. They probably have a friend / family member who is deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Boasting about the flipant nature with which one is filtering applications on a public forum. How do you think that will go down in a tribunal, should one of the rejected candidates find out and decides to pursue a case for discrimination. "It's just banter" won't wash with a judge.

Clearly you hold him in far higher regard than others here do.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Shut it spittle!
              Is that the best you can do?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Now my UK based role has gone online as well
                What's happening to your role?

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Were you just rejected by MF then?

Surely everyone bins 50% of CVs as one expects candidates to be lucky.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I've told you via PM. I don't do foreigners. The disabled. Those without degrees. Ginger people. Short people. Tall People. Fat People. Stupid people. Clever people. People who play Ukeleles. People who post on CUK. Ugly people. Men. Married women. Anyone older than my age - 15 years. Anyone with a partner. Anyone with a mental disability. Anyone who doesnt just say yes.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      They worked out he was making it up as he went along. Imagine Sas without the knowledge and personality.

Comment

Working...
                      X