• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to break Herman Van Rompuy's heart, but clearly OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I think we should all learn how to spell Europe.
      Fixed that.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Fixed that.
        I preferred the OP's spelling, Eurpoe. Sounds a bit like 'Urgh Poo!', which sums up the Daily Wail's attitude to le continent.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm a paid up member of UKIP. Out of Europe now. It's not about trade, it's about sovereignty and freedom.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

So this is the single point on which Cameron hopes to win the election?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I'm a paid up member of UKIP. Out of Europe now. It's not about trade, it's about sovereignty and freedom.
              What if Cameron renegotiates and the EU does indeed offer a deal based mainly on free trade without the interfering?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Fixed that.
                Thanks, we wouldn't want an agent to come across as an illiterate imbecile would we?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  What if Cameron renegotiates and the EU does indeed offer a deal based mainly on free trade without the interfering?
                  They wont.

The in out question is a good one even though most people have not got the faintest idea of what the EU is about. What it will do is create a mandate. If people say out then so be it, end of argument, we as a country live with the consequences. If they say stay in then it will mean that the Eurosceptics will have to shut up and make things work within the EU (they will no longer be able to claim that they have a majority backing). It will also mean that the govt will be doing its best to influence the EU to benefit Britain.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I'd love to know what the nutters think all these powers that the EU have over us actually are. We constantly hear about EU interference and powers being moved to Brussels, but what does that actually mean? What exactly has the EU made you do today that you didn't want to do?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      They wont.

The in out question is a good one even though most people have not got the faintest idea of what the EU is about. What it will do is create a mandate. If people say out then so be it, end of argument, we as a country live with the consequences. If they say stay in then it will mean that the Eurosceptics will have to shut up and make things work within the EU (they will no longer be able to claim that they have a majority backing). It will also mean that the govt will be doing its best to influence the EU to benefit Britain.
                      I think Cameron might have set the ball rolling for a discussion that needs to happen over here in Euroland too. Britain's not the only country where there is discontent about the EU and the direction it's going. Cameron rightly pointed out that all over Europe there's discontent about the EU, but unfortunately many 'leaders' have stuck their heads in the sand and ignored their people, sticking to the 'ever closer union' as a fait accompli. I think most people in NL really want the free trade in Europe, and that probably applies to businesses anywhere in Europe. I hope that the result of this speech by Cameron is that the taboo is broken, because I think we need a real free trade area in Europe, but we don't need big meddling institutions. In other words, I think this might finally be the moment for Europe's leaders to come to their senses and re-exammine the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X